High School High School Competition Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im from Illinois and we're allowed 5 competitions. 1 of them being our conference meet. But that doesn't include sectionals or state. Actually i'm not sure, it might include sectionals. haha Our competition season generally lasts from the beginning of December to the end of February. I'm pretty sure we're allowed to go to Nationals considering our dance team does every year. We just choose to focus on State.
Im from Illinois too :). I do know my school usually only competes in about 2-3 competions and there focused around state. I guest thats a Illinois thing. Although some upstate like Chicago area are more likely to travel to nationals..

in NY. practice season is June-March, competition season is November-February

3 UCA regional competitions
7 or 8 local Long Island competitions
1 UCA national

Im from Illinois too :). I do know my school usually only competes in about 2-3 competions and there focused around state. I guest thats a Illinois thing. Although some upstate like Chicago area are more likely to travel to nationals..
What school do you go to? (its cool if you're not comfortable answering) I cheer for batavia:)

Last season was my school's first year to really compete and we were just going to do state.. but then we won so we decided to go to uca nationals too. This year we are planning on going to regionals, state, and hopefully nationals again!

In VA were allowed 3 comps districts, regionals and states -____-
I'd kill to go to UCA though. I live GHSA and IHSA!

Tennessee doesn't limit competitions or companies. There also isn't a set season so how teams are ran varies from school to school. We run March - February, competitions start around October and end in Feb. We typically do around 5ish local competitions and a national comp.

I know schools like Paul Laurence Dunbar, Henry Clay, Greenup County, Graves County, and Bowling Green compete at the UCA High School Nationals.

In Massachusetts you are only allowed to compete at 7 tournaments in a season, this includes your league, your regional and your state competition. All events must be sanctioned by the MSSAA (which are typically only instate, with the exception of a couple in Rhode Island). You must qualify at leagues for regionals and at regionals for states. At states they only give teams with a certain score or higher or the champions in the division the bid to go to Nationals.

So when you see Masschusetts teams at "nationals", they qualified to get there!

We have 2 seasons Fall and Winter and the same rules apply for both seasons.

The Hs I coach and pretty much state of CA doesnt have any limitations on companies or number you can compete. My teams usually compete 6-10 regionals in our area and then our varisty is allowed to go to nationals. This year we are doing jamz in vegas and our usual a USA in anaheim. Our school considers cheer a sport and says that JV is not allowed to go to nationals as no other sports team gets playoffs. Which I think is fair something to look forward to on varsity.

@Cheer=NoFear and @mariahnicole1216 I do not think Illinois schools that are a part of IHSA are allowed to travel outside of the state for competitions. I may be wrong on this but I think this is the rule. The reason you have had your dance team go to nationals is because Dance wasn't previously recognized as an IHSA sport. I think they are becoming IHSA this year(not sure not to informed about dance). There are teams that do not compete in IHSA competitions and only compete at competition not affiliated with IHSA. I think St. Rita is one of the schools that does this.

we usually do 4 regular competitions at my school, not including UCA nationals in Orlando. Tennesseee!
and JV teams are not allowed to compete.

Back