High School High School Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe she is all talk?? We have one of those in our all star gym. Complains about EVERY decision, but all she does is talk to other parents about it unless its in a meeting like your situation. Then she will give her opinion, but she doesn't act on any of it.

I didn't get that vibe. She was hair-whipping and finger-waving. I get the impression she's been able to intimidate previous coaches with her behavior. Guess I'll send a post card that says "welcome to the big leagues."

I didn't get that vibe. She was hair-whipping and finger-waving. I get the impression she's been able to intimidate previous coaches with her behavior. Guess I'll send a post card that says "welcome to the big leagues."
Ugh. Condescending and loud. Time to put the brakes on her.

We just got our tryout packet today and oh my goodness things have changed a ton!!

This year, we are no longer required to write an essay but they will still be sending an email to our teachers for teacher recs which is fine by me because I have always gotten a perfect score so it wont really affect me. However this year they are finally beginning to require having tumbling for varsity. To be on varsity you have to at least have a standing BHS, a toetouch BHS, and a roundoff two back handsprings and you are awarded extra points for anything above the requirement.Also new this year, stunting will be part of tryout evaluation which is different and should help with the issues of not knowing who is going to fly and base and back until halfway through the summer. Finally, there will be cuts made on the first night of tryouts and possibly the second. it seems like we are really going to be revamping our program this year which is exciting!

We just got our tryout packet today and oh my goodness things have changed a ton!!

This year, we are no longer required to write an essay but they will still be sending an email to our teachers for teacher recs which is fine by me because I have always gotten a perfect score so it wont really affect me. However this year they are finally beginning to require having tumbling for varsity. To be on varsity you have to at least have a standing BHS, a toetouch BHS, and a roundoff two back handsprings and you are awarded extra points for anything above the requirement.Also new this year, stunting will be part of tryout evaluation which is different and should help with the issues of not knowing who is going to fly and base and back until halfway through the summer. Finally, there will be cuts made on the first night of tryouts and possibly the second. it seems like we are really going to be revamping our program this year which is exciting!
I really wish they'd get rid of the teacher recs but at least the essays are gone! And I like the varsity tumbling requirements.

It was just a bit strange to have girls with beautiful tucks on JV and girls without tumbling on Varsity. Im aware there are other factors but those shouldn't have played as much of a role as they did, in my opinion.

I cheered at my HS this past year and I completely relate to the girls with tumbling on JV and girls with nothing on Varsity. Unrelated to teacher recs, but it's interesting to see how far a little favoritism will take a cheerleader.
Going back to what people were saying earlier, I've also seen firsthand girls that threw tumbling at tryouts last year, made Varsity, and never threw that tumbling again. It's rough seeing that while starting out more advanced and continuing to advance in my own tumbling and being stuck on JV, but you live and you learn I guess.

Our mandatory pre-tryout meeting is tonight. Another new coach--she helped out last year and cheered in elementary, middle, and some high school. She is the most experience coach we will have had. Seven coaches between my two cps in going into the fifth year of school cheer.

Our mandatory pre-tryout meeting is tonight. Another new coach--she helped out last year and cheered in elementary, middle, and some high school. She is the most experience coach we will have had. Seven coaches between my two cps in going into the fifth year of school cheer.
Wow, that's terrible! Why so many? Is it parents? Administration?

Tony still the coach?

He's certainly got the credentials. I wonder if he's being handcuffed by someone

We have two assistant coaches as well, one of which is pregnant, and I for one am glad that he is staying! I would hate to have a less experienced head coach come in my senior year and possibly have a really bad year because of that!

Latest posts

Back