High School High School Videos 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What do you mean, can't go? I never understand how certain states keep kids from going somewhere?! I know here in Cali we are about to get some new "stips"...but WHY don't they allow they to go certain places is the question?
Some of the states where cheer is a sport there are more regulations. For all sports in VA there are rules for where they can compete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Knowing that Dracut won NCA last year makes me really wish that Virginia schools could go. Some of our schools would do really, really well. Not meant in a negative way for them at all, because they are awesome!
I 100% agree! But on the other hand, VHSL (Virginia High School League) has a different scoring rubric than UCA and/or NCA. So if VA decides to go to nationals, they would have to change the rubric again. But I'm all for it!

How many other states can't go to NCA? Kansas just changed their policy last year so they can go. I thought Kansas was way behind in terms of high schools competing but it's more common than I thought
I am not sure of every single state but I know IL, WV, AZ, VA, and I think MD schools are not allowed to compete beyond their state comps.

There is so much high school talent out there that we don't see because of that.
Add Georgia to this list.

Doesn't Georgia end their season early because a lot of people down there do all stars? But still I would love to see others states get chances at nationals, it's such an amazing experience.
No. The state rules set their season. There are a lot of kids that do allstars there, but the school comp season doesn't end just for that reason. Cheer is considered a sport in the state of Georgia and it follows the rules that the GA school sports association put in place.

I guess they have their reasons?! But such a bummer...

@Doctorcheer probably knows more than I do but I believe Kansas wasn't allowed to compete until this past year for NCA. They don't have regionals or state and aren't allowed to compete at other competitions either. They can have "festivals" where they're all scored on some strange scoresheet and given either a 1, 2, 3 or something of the like but they can't be actually "ranked" so to speak. It's very odd. At one of the NCA camps I had staffed in Kansas they didn't even want us to do final day competitions because they aren't allowed to compete, so we gave away other kinds of awards instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Doctorcheer probably knows more than I do but I believe Kansas wasn't allowed to compete until this past year for NCA. They don't have regionals or state and aren't allowed to compete at other competitions either. They can have "festivals" where they're all scored on some strange scoresheet and given either a 1, 2, 3 or something of the like but they can't be actually "ranked" so to speak. It's very odd. At one of the NCA camps I had staffed in Kansas they didn't even want us to do final day competitions because they aren't allowed to compete, so we gave away other kinds of awards instead.

Wow... Kind of mind blown

Yep, you are correct. It's ridiculous. However, at every camp I've been to in Kansas they have been able to rank. The festivals you can't but NCA nationals you can. It makes no sense. It's so frustrating.

Yep, you are correct. It's ridiculous. However, at every camp I've been to in Kansas they have been able to rank. The festivals you can't but NCA nationals you can. It makes no sense. It's so frustrating.

I think that one camp I staff chose not to do final day competitions for some reason, every other camp I've staffed in Kansas did final day competitions!

This is my high schools first time in the coed division, we won but were not thrilled with our performance. I wish I had access to the video of our hit! We are so excited to finally have the difficulty to hang around at NCA this year!! We are working hard for a top half place!

This is my high schools first time in the coed division, we won but were not thrilled with our performance. I wish I had access to the video of our hit! We are so excited to finally have the difficulty to hang around at NCA this year!! We are working hard for a top half place!

Is this the video from 5 star media? If so the screen moving in and out is so weird.

Back