All-Star Holy Hair!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So with these pinups how much maintenance goes into them. I would assume some or a lot since it's real hair. Through out the season or several does the hair get weaker?

So with these pinups how much maintenance goes into them. I would assume some or a lot since it's real hair. Through out the season or several does the hair get weaker?
We have only had ours half a season, but so far the most i have done is touch it up. I would think that mid season this year i will need to brush and wash it, condition and retease. Yes all human hair extensions get weaker over time. That's why using a good leave in conditioner when you wash them is essential. I should be able to get at least 2 full seasons out of this hair before we need a replacement. Pinups sells a refresher service if you don't want to wash and re tease yourself.

There's really not much maintenance required. We gently brush out the ends of ours and put it back into its cute little box and store it away. You can always brush it out, re-tease it, wash it, condition it, boil it, etc. anything you want to do with it. You can send it back in to be freshened up as well :)

Allowed? yes, there are no rules restrictions on hair that I know of, other than it has to be up.

I don't think there are any at all? I quickly scanned the general safety rules and image guidelines and didn't see any. I know HS has a rule but I think the fact that everyone puts at least some of their hair back for allstars is just out of practicality (coaches/people more well versed in the rules feel free to correct me, if there's a rule id be interested in reading it bc I know for HS rules get very specific)

When I was in high school, Washington State had a rule that said a cheerleader's hair could not touch/go past their shoulders. I'm not sure if it's still a rule, though.

Wow, even with a high pony, mine is below my shoulders. It's pretty close to my butt normally. Wonder what they did for kids with super long hair back then/now

My daughter did high school cheer in Washington last year. If your hair touches your shoulders, it has to be in a ponytail. ;)

Wow, even with a high pony, mine is below my shoulders. It's pretty close to my butt normally. Wonder what they did for kids with super long hair back then/now

Our hair can't touch our necks in MO either. We have to wear buns. Some teams do tightly curled ponies but that's risky because if they bounce and hit your face it's a deduction.
We also once got 16 points in deductions for our tops riding up a few inches when we tumbled because your top has to cover your stomach.
Missouri is something else.

Our hair can't touch our necks in MO either. We have to wear buns. Some teams do tightly curled ponies but that's risky because if they bounce and hit your face it's a deduction.
We also once got 16 points in deductions for our tops riding up a few inches when we tumbled because your top has to cover your stomach.
Missouri is something else.

We always pinned our hair to our head, which was obnoxious. We used almost a whole pack of Bobby pins. It would have been so much easier (and cuter) to just to buns, I think that's what Liberty does now!

We always pinned our hair to our head, which was obnoxious. We used almost a whole pack of Bobby pins. It would have been so much easier (and cuter) to just to buns, I think that's what Liberty does now!
In Indiana, we weren't allowed to use bobby pins at comps. Aquanet and LA Looks Gel (yeah, it's been awhile) to the rescue!

Does anyone have like a picture comparison btw the posh pony/pinup/natural hair?

I cannot tell the difference between posh and pinups. If you look at their Instagram both have many pictures. As for a comparison to natural hair, that fully depends on the kid because natural hair teases so differently.

I have to ask...does anyone ASK their coaches before buying these ridiculously large ponytails? I can just imagine the fallout if you spend all that money only to have the coach tell you to take it off and burn it.
Back in the day my oldest wore "cheer curls" for a season and when it was over we went to a curled pony. I asked it we could keep using the cheer curls so I wouldn't have to kill her hair and was basically told it would be removed plus they would charge me a fee for the inconvenience of having to redo her hair. The owner was so against using a hairpiece he threatened to kick any athlete out that caused a deduction by it falling out. I don't know of one person that tried to "sneak" it by him.
When we moved to Texas and ended up at CA on Mini 1, we did tiny curls in a high pony. I asked it I could use a hairpiece and was told "oh dear God NO!" I spend the whole season straightening and then rolling my kid's hair.

We made it very clear that our athlete's hair and make-up needs to look like the video we send out. We are very clear in the video that minimal teasing is okay. Unfortunately some people don't understand what that means and it requires a conversation. Luckily, we only had one athlete purchase a posh pony. Others have checked with us and we said feel free to buy one but just know that it needs to be combed out and re-teased to match our look. We also let them know that they can buy their own extensions for like a tenth of the price at a beauty supply store.

Back