All-Star Holy Hair!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wondering if most people scroll with their thumbs on the right side of their phone then shouldn't these be placed on the left to make sure you don't hit the wrong button? Admins??? Seems like it happens a lot to various users :)

I hit those all the time lol. They're super tiny if you browse on your phone and really easy to press by accident.

There is no rule anywhere for all star about hair that I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My CP is in her 5th year of all-star cheer and I did not realize that people used hairpieces at competitions. How long does it take you to do their hair in one of these? I only have to flat iron and place in a high ponytail with no fly-away hairs. So simple. Takes no more than 10 minutes.
They look like they would be difficult to tumble with? Are they difficult for kids that are tender-headed?

It took me better part of an hour to tease the pony tail to our gym's standard before the hairpiece. hair takes 10 minutes max with the pinups.

CP says it is no less comfortable to tumble with than her natural hair teased, and it doesn't pull any more. It is MUCH easier to take down. When we were teasing her hair getting the teasing out was an ordeal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My CP is in her 5th year of all-star cheer and I did not realize that people used hairpieces at competitions. How long does it take you to do their hair in one of these? I only have to flat iron and place in a high ponytail with no fly-away hairs. So simple. Takes no more than 10 minutes.
They look like they would be difficult to tumble with? Are they difficult for kids that are tender-headed?
If we had your hairstyle....I wouldn't have bought the pin up! Lucky! But to answer your questions...cp has no problems tumbling with her pinup...it is *very* secure. It took me a couple of times to master getting the hairpiece in...but now it is very quick...maybe 10 min?

If we had your hairstyle....I wouldn't have bought the pin up! Lucky! But to answer your questions...cp has no problems tumbling with her pinup...it is *very* secure. It took me a couple of times to master getting the hairpiece in...but now it is very quick...maybe 10 min?
Do you have to sew it in?

No. It uses a belt and suspenders approach. Hair goes up in a bun, the hair piece is then attached to the bun using a pony tail holder and drawstring.
Ours has the pony tail holder & drawstring, but that isn't what keeps it secure & non-moving...it is cross-tied with ribbons that you thread through the bottom of her bun. So if that is what you mean by "sewn in" then yes, the pinup is sewn in. That is why I never worry about it falling out or even moving...it seems like part of her head!

Ours has the pony tail holder & drawstring, but that isn't what keeps it secure & non-moving...it is cross-tied with ribbons that you thread through the bottom of her bun. So if that is what you mean by "sewn in" then yes, the pinup is sewn in. That is why I never worry about it falling out or even moving...it seems like part of her head!

We have a pinup and this is what we do. A friend has a posh pony and they have to literally be sewn in with a needle and embroidery thread that matches the hair color. That's one reason we went with pinups, no need to carry extra stuff or worry you are doing a good enough job sewing or risk cutting hair when you have to cut the thread to get it off.

We have a pinup and this is what we do. A friend has a posh pony and they have to literally be sewn in with a needle and embroidery thread that matches the hair color. That's one reason we went with pinups, no need to carry extra stuff or worry you are doing a good enough job sewing or risk cutting hair when you have to cut the thread to get it off.

Oh my! The posh pony definitely sounds above my skill set...here I was all proud of myself for threading the ribbons correctly! ;)

Back