All-Star Hotshots Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree....i was under the impression these camps were 1. mandatory and 2. people would kill to get into them!! if this was an option for us, we'd be on it like white on rice.....
im not sure if marlins were actually invited or if they were going along with shooting stars, because thats what one girls formspring said

Is anyone else confused about why tsunami would only take 20 girls? If there are 36 on the team, why are 16 of them getting left out?
I don't see it as anyone being left out. With what seems to be a late addition it is late expenses as well, not everyone can afford a flight, hotel and camp fee on a late notice. Or with being a late addition the camp might not have room. Just a few thoughts.

im not sure if marlins were actually invited or if they were going along with shooting stars, because thats what one girls formspring said
what do you mean?
if they are going along with shooting stars, then doesnt that mean that elaine would have "invited" them to go

My daughter is going. We're THRILLED to be going and I jumped on it like "white on rice" for my daughter. No one is being left out by Tsunami or Marlins. Why must some jump to conclusions that theres additional drama somewhere.

Thanks @yojaehs , and @imrichhowboutu ,by the way.

what do you mean?
if they are going along with shooting stars, then doesnt that mean that elaine would have "invited" them to go
to add to my post, Hot Shots isn't the type of camp that you can just "show up" to or "tag along" with someone else. lol

I assume to attend the camp that elaine and victor need to invite you

My daughter is going. We're THRILLED to be going and I jumped on it like "white on rice" for my daughter. No one is being left out by Tsunami or Marlins. Why must some jump to conclusions that theres additional drama somewhere.

so i'm confused and i think you're the only one who can give me a straight answer obviously haha. so is the whole team going or was it whoever can go we'll take type of thing?

i'm not jumping to conclusions, nor am i starting any drama. i simply asked a question, and i believe a valid one at that. i would just think if your going to take the time and expense to attend one of these 'invite' only sessions, it would be the most beneficial for the WHOLE team to go...thus, bonding in stunt groups, building new skills together. I would be disapointed to be one the 16 that isn't going....that's all. marlins can handle it anyway they want...isn't this a discussion board??

I don't know how Marlins could make this mandatory when brought up 3 days ago for the team to go to Miami. I can tell you my daughter got very lucky I was able to scrape up the money. Yes, it would be beneficial for all to go, but unfortunately some have bills to pay, vacations scheduled, etc and its just not possible at this short notice. I'm not privy to any inside info, just a mom. I hope all the girls who can attend enjoy themselves and I consider this an honor to be invited by WC/TG. I wish I could be of more help to the discussion, but I am sure our Tsusisters will be just fine no matter what the outcome and Marlins will handle all with tact and grace, as they always do. Thats why we're there! I appreciate the good wishes to our girls!

Ahh I didn't mean for my question to get everyone riled up!

I was just confused because my team went to hot shots the last year that they did the big camp with like 12 teams (many years ago!) and it was mandatory for us. So I just wanted to know if there was a reason that tsunami was only bringing part of the team, but now finding out that it was kind of a last minute thing makes complete sense.

It was so much fun when I was there years ago. I am sure that the format is a little different now that there are only a few teams there, but it was a great experience and everyone who is a part of it is extremely lucky.

I don't know how Marlins could make this mandatory when brought up 3 days ago for the team to go to Miami. I can tell you my daughter got very lucky I was able to scrape up the money. Yes, it would be beneficial for all to go, but unfortunately some have bills to pay, vacations scheduled, etc and its just not possible at this short notice. I'm not privy to any inside info, just a mom. I hope all the girls who can attend enjoy themselves and I consider this an honor to be invited by WC/TG. I wish I could be of more help to the discussion, but I am sure our Tsusisters will be just fine no matter what the outcome and Marlins will handle all with tact and grace, as they always do. Thats why we're there! I appreciate the good wishes to our girls!

well that would be WHY we're discussing this...cuz if you as a marlin mom aren't privy to details, how would we, the general public know? I believe this post was started saying 'tsunami's been invited' or whatever it said, so when the posts came saying not everyone was going, of course we all became curious. I think some folks need to take a :chillpill: and remember this is a discussion board, sometimes questions are just questions, and not someone trying to start a battle. This is why i post so rarely on here...just i'll just go back to reading, i guess eventually someone will ask the questions that i have, and maybe, just maybe, some one will unwind their panties to answer them.

Panacea, hope you daughter, and who ever else is going benefits from the camp. i still say it's a shame that not everyone can go, sincerely, cause isn't the biggest part of cheerleading the teamwork? i'll say it again, feel bad for those girls that can't go whether it's mandatory, last minute or in the works for months. it's an experience i'm sure they'll regret they miss.

maybe it depends on what the coaches want. my gym was invited and were only sending around 11 people i want to say

well that would be WHY we're discussing this...cuz if you as a marlin mom aren't privy to details, how would we, the general public know? I believe this post was started saying 'tsunami's been invited' or whatever it said, so when the posts came saying not everyone was going, of course we all became curious. I think some folks need to take a :chillpill: and remember this is a discussion board, sometimes questions are just questions, and not someone trying to start a battle. This is why i post so rarely on here...just i'll just go back to reading, i guess eventually someone will ask the questions that i have, and maybe, just maybe, some one will unwind their panties to answer them.

Panacea, hope you daughter, and who ever else is going benefits from the camp. i still say it's a shame that not everyone can go, sincerely, cause isn't the biggest part of cheerleading the teamwork? i'll say it again, feel bad for those girls that can't go whether it's mandatory, last minute or in the works for months. it's an experience i'm sure they'll regret they miss.
I think you're confusing me with someone who is upset. My first comment was not to say you were starting drama, just that there was some kind of underlying drama to the decision of the amount of girls. Its a shame they can't all go, but hats off to you if you can tell 36 girls that in 2 weeks they have a camp in Miami, its mandatory and their parents have to shell out the money or else!

I think you're confusing me with someone who is upset. My first comment was not to say you were starting drama, just that there was some kind of underlying drama to the decision of the amount of girls. Its a shame they can't all go, but hats off to you if you can tell 36 girls that in 2 weeks they have a camp in Miami, its mandatory and their parents have to shell out the money or else!

It's not about whether you are upset or not, i don't even know you, not to be rude. it was about dialogue and discussion on a pubic chat board and hoping to get some insight into these camps and the teams that go. There was no drama as i could see, just some questions that we wanted clarified. not everyone has the good fortune to get invited or even be considered to be invited, whether you have 3 days, 2 weeks or 6 months. i will say i was being completely sincere in my well wishes, and feel a touch of sarcasm in your response. however, it's an opinion boards, so i won't begrudge you yours. good luck this year.

Latest posts

Back