How Can I Get Over The Fear Of My Back Hand Spring ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 5, 2012
I have it, and i know i can do it it just takes me forever to talk myself into actually jumping backwards and doing it, and its really frustrating because i KNOW i can do it, and it doesn't even hurt that much if i bend my arms and land on my head, but im just SO anxious about it and i dont know why :( any tips ? someone PLEASE HELP MEEE !!! :(

I had the same exact problem. I mental blocked for 2 years and it was awful :( But have your coach stand there, and not put his hand there until after you swing to go backwards. This helped me get the feeling of doing it by myself. Also, anywhere you can do it by yourself (trampoline, tumble track, cheese mat, etc.) Do it! It helps you get the feeling/ muscle memory. Before you go, visualize yourself doing it over an over. When you get the courage, just go. That one moment when you think, "I can do it", go for it. don't wait because then you'll psych yourself out. Think abou how happy you'll be once you throw it and how all your hard work has paid off! :) Hope this helped!

Back