OT How Did Yall Pick Your Grad School Program?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
I know a lot of you on here are younger now but I'm going to be a junior in college next year, and I need to start thinking about grad school so I can take my pre reqs. I'm not really sure what I want to do though, or really what all my options are. My advisor pretty much just told me I can do whatever I want, which isn't helpful lol. I am majoring in athletic training. I know you have to have some further of a degree if you want to work outside the highschool setting, which is fine because I don't want to work in the highschool setting. Honestly, I still really want to work with cheerleaders... it's just a matter of figuring out how to get my foot in the door. I actually applied to red shirt for UCA staff, but I'm not sure if I'll get it because I have summer classes that are taking up a good chunk of the summer. I have kind of ruled out Physical Therapy because I don't think that's the direction I wanna head in. My masters in AT is always an option, and I''m thinking about Physicians assistant as well, but beyond that, haven't looked into much. Any ideas where/how to look and figure things out?

oh just a PS, being able to get a GA position is a HUGE factor... broke college student is no exaggeration....

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

I was in a similar situation, only I thought I wanted to do PT... I got my undergrad in exercise science, and had about a year and a half before I could start PT school. I went and got my masters in sport administration, which is pretty much a management degree with a sport focus. If you want to work in sports, it is great because it allows you to intern and get your foot in the door. In sports, it's so hard to just get in and get experience because it's so cut throat. We had a lot of AT students that were working for the sports dept and getting the masters to get employed when they finished. Even if you got a master in business, it will always be used in any job and come in handy. It might be something to consider!

Back