All-Star How Does Cea Stay In Business With So Many Level 5 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Never be content with average, it's just as close to the bottom as it is to the top.
Love that! And all the other things you said. Having a coach that believes you can pull skills that are just out of your reach makes all the difference in getting there.

There is a difference in corporate philosophy and exposure. Every gym will choose competitions that their teams will have the best success at. You don't want to send your kids to NCA when they do not have a realistic chance of placing well. There is too much money involved. With that being said, most of CEA's lower levels attend Cheersport which does not get the media time of NCA. They have some good lower levels that do well just like the other big name gyms.
I guess my question would be besides Senior Elite, Coed Elite, and Small Senior X...how do you decide which athletes go to the remainder of the teams that attend worlds? Are those spots given to athletes who earned they were up from the lower levels throughout the year? I think that seems like a logical answer. Gives the kids who are borderline 4/5 something to work for.

There is a difference in corporate philosophy and exposure. Every gym will choose competitions that their teams will have the best success at. You don't want to send your kids to NCA when they do not have a realistic chance of placing well. There is too much money involved. With that being said, most of CEA's lower levels attend Cheersport which does not get the media time of NCA. They have some good lower levels that do well just like the other big name gyms.
I guess my question would be besides Senior Elite, Coed Elite, and Small Senior X...how do you decide which athletes go to the remainder of the teams that attend worlds? Are those spots given to athletes who earned they were up from the lower levels throughout the year? I think that seems like a logical answer. Gives the kids who are borderline 4/5 something to work for.

CDR, she puts them where her routine and teams need them, . I don't know about Raleigh. You know better than anyone that kids bring different skill sets and talents. First you have to have the skills to be considered but that is no guarantee of a spot on a premium team. The most important thing that I see is commitment to the program as judged by loyalty, longivity and behavior in the program of both the athlete and the family. I can tell you if 2 kids have the same skill sets and there is one spot on the team, the one that has been there the longest and has the best attitude gets the spot and longivity takes a bit of precedent over attitude, but not if the attitude is very bad. Lastly appears the expectation of the athlete and the family. Unless you have come up in the system, paid your dues and have done what is asked, don't expect to come in and demand a spot or position as a condition for staying in the gym. Won't happen, and kids that have been there get preference if things are close, and they kids that have been there and progress during the year tend to fill in all the sports for injuries and new team spots.

You know when we played ball and a kid would move into town with a dominating fastball or a 4.4 forty and skills, they would move to the top of the heap. That is tempered a bit in her system and I suspect everywhere with lots of athletes and limited spots. I can tell you right now, if you have a standing full, combination double and standing to double you have an excellent chance to make SE this summer if you start right now, but mainly because so many vets have graduated and slots are somewhat open. Last year, due to the time in the program, you could have been one of the best cheerleaders in the world and maybe not have gotten a spot if you came after the summer. I will again state, however, this is just my opinion from observation and nothing official from the staff.

Back