All-Star How Far Do You Drive For Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

45 minute train ride first, then we drive about 45 minutes. But at rush hour the drive can take upto an hour and a half.

Way less than last season, which was 2 hours driving.

Is it worth it? Yes, or we wouldn't do it.
just curious....how do you take a train somewhere and then drive? Do you rent a car after you get off of the train? Or is it like a ferry where your car comes on the train? haha I'm just curious how this works!

My daughter asked to try out for WCSS and was blessed to make it. She is a Super Senior this year so she moved from VA to NJ. She is going to college and cheering.
There is another girl doing the same thing from Ohio.

What a great idea!!

just curious....how do you take a train somewhere and then drive? Do you rent a car after you get off of the train? Or is it like a ferry where your car comes on the train? haha I'm just curious how this works!

Zipcar. It's a car share, so I don't actually OWN a car. You go online, log in, and tell them you need a car. They tell you where cars are available and you go get it. You pay hourly instead of owning a car or renting one. The hourly rate includes gas and insurance. Saves me from having to deal with city parking, gas, etc. They're parked all over the city, and you just use your membership card to start it up.

So we always pick the one that's furthest out of the city so we can take a train past as much traffic as possible. Then we grab the car and go the rest of the way to the gym. Then after practice we put it right back where we got it and catch the train back into the city.

45 min each way without traffic. For "rush hour" practices we leave 90 minutes early just to be safe but it never takes that long.
Worth it? You bet!!

Zipcar. It's a car share, so I don't actually OWN a car. You go online, log in, and tell them you need a car. They tell you where cars are available and you go get it. You pay hourly instead of owning a car or renting one. The hourly rate includes gas and insurance. Saves me from having to deal with city parking, gas, etc. They're parked all over the city, and you just use your membership card to start it up.

So we always pick the one that's furthest out of the city so we can take a train past as much traffic as possible. Then we grab the car and go the rest of the way to the gym. Then after practice we put it right back where we got it and catch the train back into the city.

Whoa. Never heard of ZipCar. That's so cool.

My daughter asked to try out for WCSS and was blessed to make it. She is a Super Senior this year so she moved from VA to NJ. She is going to college and cheering.
There is another girl doing the same thing from Ohio.

Congrats to her!! And the girl from Ohio is Beth Boes! She's very talented and I wish her the best of luck. :))

Back