All-Star How Far Do You Drive/how Many Times Per Week To Your Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

crazycheermom

Cheer Parent
Jan 19, 2011
We live in a small town, so gym is about 5 minutes from my home (probably the farthest any girl travels is about 30-35 minutes), but my son has joined a soccer team that is about 45 min. away. So I was just wondering how far/how many times a week do some of you drive?

Right now an 1.5 to 3 hours, depending on traffic. Three times a week. :eek: It'll be 4-5 times a week next season, since my little one will be back on a team instead of just tumbling.

We're probably changing gyms though, so the drive should be down to 45 minutes to 1.5 hours, again depending on traffic--but still 4-5 times a week. Good Lord....hadn't really thought about it like this. Thanks. :( Maybe I'll change my name to Just-a-Chauffeur.:p

Holy Smokes! That sounds like a lot to me, but like I said.. where I come from, anything over 30 minutes is a long drive. Traffic is a non-issue. Gym is about 5 miles away .. so 5-10 minutes; soccer is right at 50 miles and take about 50 minutes. Sorry to burst your bubble, but just think about all that "quality time" in the car!

Holy Smokes! That sounds like a lot to me, but like I said.. where I come from, anything over 30 minutes is a long drive. Traffic is a non-issue. Gym is about 5 miles away .. so 5-10 minutes; soccer is right at 50 miles and take about 50 minutes. Sorry to burst your bubble, but just think about all that "quality time" in the car!

Oh hahaha...don't worry, my bubble has actually already been burst. :DWe used to live in Virginia Beach and it took us 10 minutes to get to Fame in traffic. So Chicago was quite a rude awakening for us. We just started cheering up here, so we're still adjusting to the routine. But I am looking at it like you said--quality time in the car. It's really the only time my girls and I get to "hang out". Plus while we're waaaaaaay out in the 'burbs we always do something fun. Usually we do a little shopping (a very little...it was killing my checking account--I found a ZALES by the gym! :eek::oops:) And we always have one dinner out, just me and my daughters. So we're making it work I guess.

like 3 mins, I love being close.

practice 2 nights a week but I am up there to tumble or coach every day but friday.

45-60 minutes depending on traffic 3 times a week. It would be 2 hours next season, but unfortunately im going to end up having knee surgery so this is my last season cheering :(

45-60 minutes depending on traffic 3 times a week. It would be 2 hours next season, but unfortunately im going to end up having knee surgery so this is my last season cheering :(

aww, I'm sorry garret :(

Aawww...I didn't know how to "dis-shimmy" this. :( I'm sorry to hear this.

My gym was 10 minutes away, but then they closed the bridge near my house, so we have to get on the highway. Now it's about 20. Not too bad either way! And I go 3 times a week.

I guess that depends on your individual situation but usually knee surgery is not the end of a cheer career... I've had both ACL's replaced (the injuries were not cheer related) and my legs are actually more stable than when I was a kid. 9 months out of it each time to recover were hard and painful. Yes, there are bad days when the legs feel like I want to just cut them off, but you get through them and move on. The old adage really is true, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"

Back