All-Star How Long Does It Take Before You Realize?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Both very good points, but if you paying $7000 plus for your commitment, what about theirs?

I wonder how many level 5 athletes on her would truly be okay and hang all season with the team if they were told today they would compete 4 all 2011-2012 season with no chance of going to Worlds.

Why would a coach/owner create a Worlds team, and then level it down? I can't really think of a circumstance in which that would be the best move.

Both very good points, but if you paying $7000 plus for your commitment, what about theirs?

I wonder how many level 5 athletes on her would truly be okay and hang all season with the team if they were told today they would compete 4 all 2011-2012 season with no chance of going to Worlds.

I think the answer would be mixed. Believe it or not for some level 5 athletes going to Worlds or winning Worlds is not the end all be all of cheerleading:jawdrop: Being around their friends, commitment to the program and not just a certain team, helping to build a program they have a history and loyalty (I know I another dirty word) with, program affordability, transportation, maybe understanding the reasons why the team was not going to have a chance for Worlds could factor into their reasons to stay.

The thing that saddens me is even though you may be referencing Level5's, it is happening at the lower levels too. As it has been stated it is far better to level up than level down. If you have to level down it needs to be before the season and you sure better have some very good reasons.

Why would a coach/owner create a Worlds team, and then level it down? I can't really think of a circumstance in which that would be the best move.
Just me maybe thinking out loud (and it did happen to a smaller gym I'm familiar with). I understand loyalty and commitment, and a few have said you'd stay no matter what...but until you're really in that situation, you may be surprised how committed you are.

Just me maybe thinking out loud (and it did happen to a smaller gym I'm familiar with). I understand loyalty and commitment, and a few have said you'd stay no matter what...but until you're really in that situation, you may be surprised how committed you are.

You're probably right about that last part, but I guess we're a bit spoiled at our gym - program longevity, proven record, large program. They pretty much have their ducks in a row and have the experience needed to stack teams the appropriate way from the start of the season.

I have heard of gyms that offer higher level teams to attract the "local talent" at the beginning of the season only to realize that it's not feasable come september.if you are a level 5 athelete that agrees to be on a level 4 team that decides in Sept that they need to be level 3 .....Thoughts?

I have heard of gyms that offer higher level teams to attract the "local talent" at the beginning of the season only to realize that it's not feasable come september.if you are a level 5 athelete that agrees to be on a level 4 team that decides in Sept that they need to be level 3 .....Thoughts?
Bye!

Been there, done that :) we stayed

Agree...and if this happened, i'd have to question the motives behind it. a Worlds level team (a good one anyway) should be recognizable immediately. if a gym is calling a team L5 with less than half of the team possessing l5 skills, i'd be unhappy that it was even formed in the first place!!

That said, i could see an open 5 team perhaps leveling down, or levels 2-4. teams that start as a weak 4 can be a powerhouse 3 and have a much more successful season, which i would think should make everyone happy.

important to note though that whatever level they land on, they don't pingpong up and down, going higher at local comps and lower at nationals. i think thats flat out wrong.

Not to sound negative, but if you joined a gym simply for placement on a particular team, and not because of EVERYTHING that program had to offer, I'd say that's a risk you chose to take and sorry about your luck. As far as refunds go, this is how I look at it. You buy a TV you take it home and for months you use it to the fullest of its capabilities. 6 months after purchase you realize the TV no longer does what you want it to (not necessarily anything wrong with it) and you want the newer better TV on the market. If you take it back to the store are they going to give you a refund simply because you no longer like it? Absolutely not. Same with cheer. For 6 months you received a service that you paid for. If a change was made and you don't like it then you are free to leave, but by no means are you entitled to a refund simply because Suzie is now not on the level that Mommy thinks she should be on. If you bought a uniform and have gotten it, sell it. It's not the responsibility of a gym refund monies paid for services received because of a parents perceived concept of what is best for their child and their child alone in a team sport. Sorry for the rant *steps off soapbox now*

@FamousMatty , I agree with you, almost. Let's say you bought the tv with the expectation that you would be able to access some really sweet, new-fangled, 5-D thing. Three months later, the tv company tells you the capability isn't there yet, and won't be for another year. You bought the tv based on something that was promised, but the company didn't deliver. Do you get a refund at that point?

I only have an opinion on the refund..I think we pay for coaches time....so no refund...I do not think we pay for results...if you are not getting the results you want...as a consumer...you are free to change but time spent by coaches should not be refunded..IMO

@FamousMatty , I agree with you, almost. Let's say you bought the tv with the expectation that you would be able to access some really sweet, new-fangled, 5-D thing. Three months later, the tv company tells you the capability isn't there yet, and won't be for another year. You bought the tv based on something that was promised, but the company didn't deliver. Do you get a refund at that point?

I could you see your point on that. I guess I was more responding to a few of the comments that said that they felt they would be entitled to every dime back. Obviously I think people who choose to leave a program for whatever reason should be entitled to a refund for products paid for that no service was received i.e. uniform comps fees etc. Choreography, music, tuition that sort of thing, you paid or a service and received it, whether you were happy with the decision later on or not is not relevant in my opinion. Again I'm just giving an opinion and not necessarily saying how it should be. We've never really ever had an issue with anything like that to where I can say I am knowledgeable from experience. Great Point though @Mamarazzi

Back