All-Star How Long Have You Been On The Boards??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What was your bang?! Haha
Long story short- I was trying to create a cheer youtube channel. It was not....well received by people on the boards. Mocking at my expense was had. HOWEVER, someone referred me here to make sure I was getting the correct updates on competitions so that the info could be better formatted (let's face it, giving the general youtube populace something cheer-related and ACCURATE might very well be a GOOD thing considering how nasty the comments on comp videos can be) without knowing about the thread about me. I found the thread mocking me on here when I signed up. Embarrassment was had by my person, sassy comebacks were replied, aanndd that was kinda it I suppose haha. Somehow I quickly meshed into a Fierceboarder within a week or so? For those who say the boards are harsh now are pansies. It seemed a LOT more closed-group then as a new person. I took down the vids I had done..and here I am. :D Still as Sassy as ever ;). I will say though, it's fascinating to know personally what it's like when people say things believing the person will never know or when it's somebody you don't have a tangible connection to. It's SO easy to make comments when there's no personal interaction.. It's a LOT easier to be held accountable by the board now than it is for something like youtube though. Made for an excellent character-study. It's all good in the hood though, and the board has taught me so much.. :cool:

Long story short- I was trying to create a cheer youtube channel. It was not....well received by people on the boards. Mocking at my expense was had. HOWEVER, someone referred me here to make sure I was getting the correct updates on competitions so that the info could be better formatted (let's face it, giving the general youtube populace something cheer-related and ACCURATE might very well be a GOOD thing considering how nasty the comments on comp videos can be) without knowing about the thread about me. I found the thread mocking me on here when I signed up. Embarrassment was had by my person, sassy comebacks were replied, aanndd that was kinda it I suppose haha. Somehow I quickly meshed into a Fierceboarder within a week or so? For those who say the boards are harsh now are pansies. It seemed a LOT more closed-group then as a new person. I took down the vids I had done..and here I am. :D Still as Sassy as ever ;). I will say though, it's fascinating to know personally what it's like when people say things believing the person will never know or when it's somebody you don't have a tangible connection to. It's SO easy to make comments when there's no personal interaction.. It's a LOT easier to be held accountable by the board now than it is for something like youtube though. Made for an excellent character-study. It's all good in the hood though, and the board has taught me so much.. :cool:
Haha everything is so true! I dont understand though, what was wrong wig your YouTube channel?

Haha everything is so true! I dont understand though, what was wrong with your YouTube channel?
You know, I honestly don't really remember? haha It was almost 3 years ago. It was just general snark..but we have all moved on and get along swimmingly :D..The only comment I do remember (and funny enough it was the least-nasty comment from what my brain keeps saying) was that one person wanted me to cover teams OTHER than level 5. Which is something we STILL say on here-we're VERY level 5 heavy.

Since the EARLY pro x days. Forever ago! Can't believe how time flies, and how things (board wise) have changed and progressed since then lol
There were some WILD ProX days lol

Since the EARLY pro x days. Forever ago! Can't believe how time flies, and how things (board wise) have changed and progressed since then lol
There were some WILD ProX days lol

Yes the wonderful wild ProX days....

Where if you mispelled one word you were routinely attacked for being "stupid" and your post having no merit at all.
If you were from a small gym (in number or not known) you were silenced because you couldn't possibly know anything. It was regular to see following posts - "where do you cheer/coach? Never heard of you so shut up" type responses on ProX.
Where threads about some gyms disappeared if they were negative- even if factual - while posts on other gyms stayed up until the board crashed.
Where the back culture of the private messages was where you got the most cheer gossip and got the worst beat downs.
Where conspiracy theories ran rampant every week it seemed.
Where the Teal Army got their moniker for new "teal" members signing up and swarming to defend one of their posters or program if a negative post was made or somehow stayed up.
Where the it seemed like majority of people had at least one alias.
Where those who really were new and wanted legitimate information were beat up for not knowing what the long time hard core cheer members knew. There was no newbies section.

The boards have come a long way since then. And I am grateful for the hard work that has gone into making the board go from being a laughing stock and dumping ground for gossip to being a place where the powers that be officially take notice of the ideas for making the industry better. They come on the board and actually interact with people regardless of gym name, location or gym strength. That the voice of so many is now heard through this board is an amazing transformation and truly revolutionary. Thanks @kingston and all who made that possible.

Yes the wonderful wild ProX days....

Where if you mispelled one word you were routinely attacked for being "stupid" and your post having no merit at all.
If you were from a small gym (in number or not known) you were silenced because you couldn't possibly know anything. It was regular to see following posts - "where do you cheer/coach? Never heard of you so shut up" type responses on ProX.
Where threads about some gyms disappeared if they were negative- even if factual - while posts on other gyms stayed up until the board crashed.
Where the back culture of the private messages was where you got the most cheer gossip and got the worst beat downs.
Where conspiracy theories ran rampant every week it seemed.
Where the Teal Army got their moniker for new "teal" members signing up and swarming to defend one of their posters or program if a negative post was made or somehow stayed up.
Where the it seemed like majority of people had at least one alias.
Where those who really were new and wanted legitimate information were beat up for not knowing what the long time hard core cheer members knew. There was no newbies section.

The boards have come a long way since then. And I am grateful for the hard work that has gone into making the board go from being a laughing stock and dumping ground for gossip to being a place where the powers that be officially take notice of the ideas for making the industry better. They come on the board and actually interact with people regardless of gym name, location or gym strength. That the voice of so many is now heard through this board is an amazing transformation and truly revolutionary. Thanks @kingston and all who made that possible.

And all the above reasons were why I did a LOT of lurking in those days, and as little posting as possible. "A gym owner from Canada? You are Pointless. never post again!" lol Not exact wording, but I did get a similar reply once lol So glad those days are past!

I am glad to hear you all say that. The goal was to increase the amount of posters on the board but encourage productive posts. Glad to hear the board has accomplished that (though some people have #reasonstheyhatethefierceboard .... but still read anyway)

Latest posts

Back