OT How Long Would Your Commute Be To Closest Big Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It wasn't the first time for spirit elite, they at least had one the year before, not sure about before that. Seems like they lost a lot of girls to another gym this season. They're offering free tuition for level 5 athletes though so if you're level 5 and looking for a team... ;)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Oh, my mistake...I didn't realize they went to World's before this year. Though I did see the Scholarships for LVL 5...my CP is far off from that, but I do know a few people that left SE for Cheer STL so we'll see how that goes...

Oh, my mistake...I didn't realize they went to World's before this year. Though I did see the Scholarships for LVL 5...my CP is far off from that, but I do know a few people that left SE for Cheer STL so we'll see how that goes...
Yep this season will be interesting! I'm far off from that too haha

Since I live in Oregon, the closest competitive gym to us would be South Elite (4 hours). Other than that it would be Cali (quite a ways). I really wish one of the big gyms would expand this way. There's so much talent here just waiting for someone to do something with it!

Since I live in Oregon, the closest competitive gym to us would be South Elite (4 hours). Other than that it would be Cali (quite a ways). I really wish one of the big gyms would expand this way. There's so much talent here just waiting for someone to do something with it!

what about ODT..?

My mom lives in mid state New York (yes mid state is a thing and I get very offended if people say that I'm from upstate) anyway when we went grocery shopping 5 minutes from our home I saw a World Cup bumper sticker with NY license plate..and I was shocked. I truly hoped no one would drive their kid 2 hours and 15 minutes for cheer especially for more than one practice a week. When I was younger my mom drove me an hour every Saturday to a "premier" dance studio and after a year she said never again. Do parents really take these long drives for cheer? And why?

My mom lives in mid state New York (yes mid state is a thing and I get very offended if people say that I'm from upstate) anyway when we went grocery shopping 5 minutes from our home I saw a World Cup bumper sticker with NY license plate..and I was shocked. I truly hoped no one would drive their kid 2 hours and 15 minutes for cheer especially for more than one practice a week. When I was younger my mom drove me an hour every Saturday to a "premier" dance studio and after a year she said never again. Do parents really take these long drives for cheer? And why?

Oh yes, I believe there are a couple parents on here that drive their kid that far and even farther. If you can, why not?

Woodlands Elite 1 hour 30 min. (that is what we are doing)
Prodigy All Stars 1 hour 30 min.
Texas Lone Star 1 hour 45 min.
All Star Revolution 2 hours 20 min
Cheer Athletics Plano location 3 1/2 hours
Spirit of Texas about 3 1/2 hours
Stars in Schertz about 2 1/2 hours (I heard they have a small Co Ed. level 5 worlds team this year)

Oh yes, I believe there are a couple parents on here that drive their kid that far and even farther. If you can, why not?

That may be me or one of my 5 other mothers that carpool to NJ.
It is a sacrifice but my daughter is on one of the top senior 5 teams in the world and is getting coached by the best in the industry.
I am happy with our decision even though its not the right option for everyone and maybe we are crazy but we are content!

That may be me or one of my 5 other mothers that carpool to NJ.
It is a sacrifice but my daughter is on one of the top senior 5 teams in the world and is getting coached by the best in the industry.
I am happy with our decision even though its not the right option for everyone and maybe we are crazy but we are content!
To each their own. I respect people who go above and beyond for their kids; all kids do not get that opportunity and your children are blessed (great idea with the carpool btw). Out of curiosity...have you ever or any of the other moms ever just consider moving?

To each their own. I respect people who go above and beyond for their kids; all kids do not get that opportunity and your children are blessed (great idea with the carpool btw). Out of curiosity...have you ever or any of the other moms ever just consider moving?
We have not. It would be unfair to disrupt the entire family for cheer. Most kids in the carpool have had 2-3 years in before aging out. My daughter and a young man are starting their fifth season. My daughter has 3 more seasons after that. All of the kids do very well in school and never complain about the ride. As soon as that changes, we need to reconsider. We take it a season at a time.
The boys that have come from our area would be welcomed in Miami or Cali in a heartbeat. They are the premiere male tumblers in the gym. Us moms feel very strongly that kids belong at home and going to regular school because cheer isn't everything after age 18. Different strokes for different folks... doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong just a common agreement from us Hudson Valleyers!

We have not. It would be unfair to disrupt the entire family for cheer. Most kids in the carpool have had 2-3 years in before aging out. My daughter and a young man are starting their fifth season. My daughter has 3 more seasons after that. All of the kids do very well in school and never complain about the ride. As soon as that changes, we need to reconsider. We take it a season at a time.
The boys that have come from our area would be welcomed in Miami or Cali in a heartbeat. They are the premiere male tumblers in the gym. Us moms feel very strongly that kids belong at home and going to regular school because cheer isn't everything after age 18. Different strokes for different folks... doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong just a common agreement from us Hudson Valleyers!

Ahhh! Hudson Valley! Would love to meet y'all sometime :)

I actually started a thread about possibly moving for cheer in the parent section. The hour and a half drive doesn't sound bad, but It does start to wear me down after awhile. As for now I have decided not to move.

I live in washington so not that many big named gyms nearby.. but...

South Elite - Sometimes it takes 1 hour, sometimes it takes 2 and 1/2 hours... Stupid Bellevue Traffic :mad:
Oregon Dream Team - 3 3/4 hours
California Allstars Ventura (so so far) - 18 hours WORTH IT IF I COULD
Vancouver Allstars- 2 hours but a boarder cross.... so more like 2 1/2

I was just going to look that up but you beat me too it. I was actually suprised that it was less than a day away.

And thank god I don't have to drive through Bellevue you traffic anymore. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

i know the way to at least 6 gyms by heart at home... but at school - hmm i have no idea? are there gyms in syracuse? or rochester? are there any big gyms? new york is such a big state lol

Back