How Many Rules Violations Should Be Called

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D

Deleted member 15

How many rules violation deductions should be taken in the following circumstances:
1. In a single stunt or pyramid sequence a team violates a rule, transitions to a distinctly separate part of the sequence, then violates the same rule again?

2. In a single stunt or pyramid sequence a team violates a rule, transitions to a distinctly separate part of the sequence, then violates a different rule?

3. In sequence 1 the team violates a rule. Later in the routine, in sequence 2 the team violates the same rule again?

4. In sequence 1 the team violates a rule. Later in the routine, in sequence 2 the team violates a different rule?

5. If a team has multiple people/groups doing the same illegal thing should they be called once per person/group of once total?

1. If they do the same illegal thing twice, you get hit twice. Ex. If level 3 does a braced flip in a pyramid, then hits, and then does another braced flip, that's two violations.
2. Definitely 2. Two seperate rules, two deductions
3. 2. If the coach is oblivious to the rules enough to have kids to the SAME illegal skills twice in the routine, they deserve it.
4. I feel like this is a common one. Ex. throwing a BHS and then doing an extension on L1 is definately two seperate violations
5. This one is trickier. I think in stunts they should get called on the sequence, not on the number of individuals doing it. Ex. 5 groups doing tuck baskets on L5 gets counted as one illegal skill. In a tumble pass, I'd count every illegal pass as a separate violation.

How many rules violation deductions should be taken in the following circumstances:
1. In a single stunt or pyramid sequence a team violates a rule, transitions to a distinctly separate part of the sequence, then violates the same rule again? I was always under the impression that you hit them once for this.

2. In a single stunt or pyramid sequence a team violates a rule, transitions to a distinctly separate part of the sequence, then violates a different rule? This would be 2 in my book

3. In sequence 1 the team violates a rule. Later in the routine, in sequence 2 the team violates the same rule again? This is 1

4. In sequence 1 the team violates a rule. Later in the routine, in sequence 2 the team violates a different rule? This would be 2

5. If a team has multiple people/groups doing the same illegal thing should they be called once per person/group of once total? You don't hit a team for the number of occurrences. You hit them with the TEAM violated the rule.
6. If the skill violates multiple rules at the same time? Hit them with each violation.

To me, when a team does the EXACT illegal thing multiple times in a routine they only get the deduction once. Its hard for me to explain, but once i write the rule down as illegal on the sheet, i am not going to write it down again and deduct again.

Back