All-Star How Old Were You When You Threw Your First Back Handspring? Full?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

for those of you who got their bhs at an older age, about how long did it take you to get it? because i'm 15 and starting tumbling in a week or two and i'm wondering if i'll get it sometime during either football or basketball season.
Just keep with it and work hard. Actually LISTEN to your tumbling coach and take their advise. It took me about 3 years.

BHS - 15
Full - I've only been tumbling for 3 months so no fulls for me yet. Maybe by the end of this year I'll start working them.

for those of you who got their bhs at an older age, about how long did it take you to get it? because i'm 15 and starting tumbling in a week or two and i'm wondering if i'll get it sometime during either football or basketball season.

I got mine in a week, but everyone progresses differently.

not going to lie. tumbling is A LOT harder the older you are.

I started gymnastics when I was 10 1/2 and I got my backhand spring about the same time

Gymnastics:
Backhandspring: 10 1/2
Standing backhandspring: 11
Round off tuck: 11 (lost it becasue it was above my level in gymnastics and I got it at my sister's cheer gym)
Round off multiples: 11
Landed my first standing tuck: 12
Round off backhand spring tuck: 12
Punch front: 13

Started Cheerleading:
Round off backhandspring tuck consistant and pretty: 15 (just turned 15)
Round off backhandspring layout: 15 (almost 16)
Started turning fulls: 16
Landed my first and only (scary) full I have actually landed: 16

Switched gyms:
Standing tuck: 17
Specialty thru to layout: 17
Jumps to tuck: 17
Working (pretty and proper) fulls: Now at 17 1/2

oh my goodness! were twins! I started gymnastics when I was 9!
Backhandspring: 10
Standing backhandspring: 10
Round off tuck: 14
Landed my first standing tuck: 13/14
Punch front: 10

Started Cheerleading (15?):
Round off backhandspring layout: 15
Started turning fulls: 15
Landed my first and only full I have actually landed: 16 (right before NCA 2011, but then I lost it... )
Jumps to tuck: 15
Working (pretty and proper) fulls: Now at 16, and Im going to have it by summer! almost there :)

oh my goodness! were twins! I started gymnastics when I was 9!
Backhandspring: 10
Standing backhandspring: 10
Round off tuck: 14
Landed my first standing tuck: 13/14
Punch front: 10

Started Cheerleading (15?):
Round off backhandspring layout: 15
Started turning fulls: 15
Landed my first and only full I have actually landed: 16 (right before NCA 2011, but then I lost it... )
Jumps to tuck: 15
Working (pretty and proper) fulls: Now at 16, and Im going to have it by summer! almost there :)

Haha that's crazy how similar our lists are!! And yayyy! Congrats:) I finally got my full two months ago after a year and a half of working on them!

My cp
Started cheering right after she turned 5 (11 months ago)
And in this time she has got her cartwheel, ro, back walkover, BHS all standing and running.
At practice here lately been working on toe touch BHS & ro BHS.
She has them but still working on perfecting it. Next I'm guessing is going to be BHS in series.
Maybe even this dreaded front walkover - it would be so good if only she could bring herself up out of it! :)
I'm really excited for her to learn tucks too!

Btw, I loved reading this thread it's amazing how different people can progress!! Good luck to all of y'all!
UPDATE
She now has her BHS in series and ro BHS! Also jumps to BHS..They got their tumbling passes for her youth team the other day and she now also has learned her BHS step-out!!

Still waitin on that front walkover. They have been practicing some tucks here lately and she is loving it!!

This is so exciting!! I'm really happy for all of y'all as well!

I can officially say that my cp has her full now :)
so, she got her BHS at age 5, full at age 8. she is incredibly excited and proud of herself.

Back