All-Star How Old Were You When You Threw Your First Back Handspring? Full?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was 12 when I first got my backhandspring... and I was 12 when I got my full. It took me about 7 months to get a full after I learned my bhs. Haha I was a bit of a daredevil but I think my mind caught up with what crazyness I was doing because I'm 15 and can't do full now "/ haha.

Hey there!!! I'm wondering...how old were you when you threw your first back handspring? How about your first full, etc? What happened when it finally "clicked" for you? Did anything actually have to happen, or did you just get it one day? I'm just curious! Thanks!

Backhandspring- 8
Series -
Round off back hand spring- 8
ROBHS back tuck - 12
Standing tuck - 12
Layout- 12
Full- 13
Arabian-14
Double-14
Standing full-14

BHS-5
BHS, tuck-6
BHS,layout-6
Standing Tuck-7
full-7
Jumps to tuck - 8
She's 8, she is working on her standing full and double but she's having a growth spurt so the mental blocks are slowing up the progress but she's working thru them just fine. She made a level 5 team this year, just not sure if we are going to do the team or take a break and focus on tumbling yet. She's only been cheering 3 years. I love her, she's extremely talented and I am biased. Lol

Uhh a lot of y'all like super super duper talented! I was a slow, really slow, learner.
BHS-11
Series-11
Back-14
Standing Back-15
2(1) to Back- 15
Layout- 15
Full- 16
2(1) to Full- 16
Double-17
2(1) to Dub- 18
Standing Full- 18
Specialties to Full/Dub- 17

bhs-4 (just as bad now as it was then)
full/double-elementary school?
lost all twisting for a couple years
janky double-14
good double-16/17
two to full-17 (lost it because my bhs are horrific)
punch front thru to double-17/18
cartwheel full-18 (got it tonight!)

bhs - 11 ... technically I did it when I was 6, but I only did gymnastics for 1 year and then stopped
running tuck - 13 or 14
standing tuck - 16 :)

for those of you who got their bhs at an older age, about how long did it take you to get it? because i'm 15 and starting tumbling in a week or two and i'm wondering if i'll get it sometime during either football or basketball season.

for those of you who got their bhs at an older age, about how long did it take you to get it? because i'm 15 and starting tumbling in a week or two and i'm wondering if i'll get it sometime during either football or basketball season.
its different for everyone! i had been working on mine for like a year but then i took consistent privates for like 3 months and i got it! good luck!

Back