How Tall Is Too Tall To Fly In Allstar Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It depends on the team. CP is 5'2" and is a hell of a base. One of the Flyers on her team is 5'6", the rest are 5" or less.
Fact is, about 75%of the team has to base or back so she might want to learn how if she wants to continue to cheer.
My daughter is barely 5' and she's a beast of a base! She also likes to back, but being short it doesn't happen often.

My tallest flyer was about 5'8", I believe.

That said, once you get to higher levels of cheer, the line between flyer/base/back seems to meld a little. On Open 6 teams, for example, we have different group stunt flyers, different basket flyers (often our killer tumblers who were usually bases) and different flyers to mid the pyramids (also often bases). Coaches in my gym need people who are flexible enough to go anywhere in a stunt and get it done. The smallest flyer can't often mid-base in a 2 1/2 high pyramid if they're not strong enough or don't have basing experience. Get your CP all the experience she can get in different positions and she'll be a stronger cheerleader all around

Back