Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Oregon City

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Jesuit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
dont know the scoresheets.
but i would put newberg in first and westview in 2nd
newberg had transitions that were easier to look at their stunt execution was better.
you guys maxed out in tumbling no doubt.

Yeah tumbling is our strong point :) Thanks! What I really didn't get, being a some-what score sheet educated cheerleader, was how we got the same tumbling and jumps overall score as Oregon city. This includes both execution and difficulty. I personally think this wasn't right, but whats your opinion on that?

I would go Westview, Newberg, Oregon, Jesuit. But I don't really know how High School scores - I'm going on Allstar/Uni.

Westview's tumbles were the best by far. I did think Newberg's lib section was better though. And I kind of wish Jesuit had hit, I think I like what I see, and if it had hit I think it would have been cool.

I would go Westview, Newberg, Oregon, Jesuit. But I don't really know how High School scores - I'm going on Allstar/Uni.

Westview's tumbles were the best by far. I did think Newberg's lib section was better though. And I kind of wish Jesuit had hit, I think I like what I see, and if it had hit I think it would have been cool.

Thanks! Yes Newberg is super clean and sharp with everything they do!

how are these routines scored?
cause if it were like uca then once you maxs out in the standing tumbling with a standing tuck then the 2 toe touch handsprings didnt count for so much. if that makes sense?

I thought Newburgh was better overall. I do think that westview's tumbling was very well done.

That being said, it takes more than tumbling to win. I thought Newburgh had better transitions and more solid stunts/more difficult.
Also the dance was great and no offense I don't like dances where athletes bend over towards judges :/

I thought Newburgh was better overall. I do think that westview's tumbling was very well done.

That being said, it takes more than tumbling to win. I thought Newburgh had better transitions and more solid stunts/more difficult.
Also the dance was great and no offense I don't like dances where athletes bend over towards judges :/

Oh I completely agree, Newberg has great transitions and beautiful stunt execution and were rewarded for that, which is to be expected. My team (Westview) strives for tumbling difficulty and execution, it's what we focus our practices on. What we excel in, we were not rewarded for. The Oregon score sheets were linked previously, and It matters what percent of your team is doing a certain skill to get a specific score. Just for example our standing tumbling, we had about half our team throw standing tucks. While another team scored the same in stranding tumbling and us, and had 1 standing tuck. For an extreme example its like comparing f5's standing full section to a team with one standing full and awarding them the same difficulty points. I am in no way saying these teams should have been scored lower, I believe we should have been score higher in tumbling.

Oh I completely agree, Newberg has great transitions and beautiful stunt execution and were rewarded for that, which is to be expected. My team (Westview) strives for tumbling difficulty and execution, it's what we focus our practices on. What we excel in, we were not rewarded for. The Oregon score sheets were linked previously, and It matters what percent of your team is doing a certain skill to get a specific score. Just for example our standing tumbling, we had about half our team throw standing tucks. While another team scored the same in stranding tumbling and us, and had 1 standing tuck. For an extreme example its like comparing f5's standing full section to a team with one standing full and awarding them the same difficulty points. I am in no way saying these teams should have been scored lower, I believe we should have been score higher in tumbling.
very true. I couldn't post much earlier as I was on my iPod during school :p Westview's tumbling was beautiful. I don't see how that can be possible with that amount of standing tucks that you would score the same as one. In Maine, if you have a certain percent doing an elite skill then you automatically move to the higher range and so on. So you all would have def scored higher than the others in tumbling if you were in Maine :) good luck at states!

Back