All-Star Hunterdon Central High & World Cup Allstars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Hunterdon Central High School won the large senior division at UCA High School Nationals this year. I was just interested to know if this team has any Shooting Stars or World Cup Athletes On the Team being that they are in Hunterdon, New Jersey? Wouldn't it be amazing for those athletes to win UCA (High School & Allstar), NCA, and Worlds!

not sure about the other world cup teams, but stars aren't allowed to be on their school competition teams so none of them are on it

World Cup is in Monmouth County (Freehold, NJ) which is over an hour from Hunterdon Central High School.

I go to Hunterdon Central and only one girl that goes to the school goes to World Cup and she is not on the school team. She is on Odyssey. But, a bunch of girls on the varsity team have been on Starlites and Twinkles in years past.

I am a hunterdon central alumni and cheered for hunterdon central for a short time. I can tell you that the program is extremely competitive and girls typically have to choose between the school team and all star. There are a handful of girls on the team that cheered for World Cup at some point but most of the girls come from the local rec teams like pop warner.

Shooting stars can do high school cheer. Typically they only do football season. Basketball season conflicts with competition season.

most of them do football cheer. the coaches just don't like them doing competition teams because it conflicts

High school cheer usually practices a lot more often then hs and can conflict a lot. It is usually a lot to attempt to do both competitively.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I did notice alot new jersey/ new york teams at Uca hs nationals this year. I would assume you can't do both while being on stars because they attend many 2 day events in the winter/spring time. Love me some stars

I used to live in NJ. High school cheer there is different than in GA. In GA, it is a recognized sport and has a season like any other high school sport. So it is MUCH easier to do high school cheer and all star because GA Cheerleading States are the middle of November. They are done after that. In NJ, they go from the summer through UCA nationals in February, so MUCH longer "season". Makes it almost impossible to do both due to comp schedules, game schedules, etc.

I used to live in NJ. High school cheer there is different than in GA. In GA, it is a recognized sport and has a season like any other high school sport. So it is MUCH easier to do high school cheer and all star because GA Cheerleading States are the middle of November. They are done after that. In NJ, they go from the summer through UCA nationals in February, so MUCH longer "season". Makes it almost impossible to do both due to comp schedules, game schedules, etc.
CT is similar in terms of season 'length', but much less competitive lol (In SOME aspects, there are a few talented schools)

CT is similar in terms of season 'length', but much less competitive lol (In SOME aspects, there are a few talented schools)

In MA there are two competition seasons, fall and winter, and each one has leagues, regionals, and states. You generally get your bid to nationals in the fall competition season.

Ok that makes sense! Here in GA everyone does high school and allstar. Every girl on Orange does high school cheer. Hunterdon Central is amazing so I can understand that it would conflict with Stars practice being that their season it longer.

Back