All-Star Hunterdon Central High & World Cup Allstars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok that makes sense! Here in GA everyone does high school and allstar. Every girl on Orange does high school cheer. Hunterdon Central is amazing so I can understand that it would conflict with Stars practice being that their season it longer.

Yes, my girls do high school cheer in GA as well as all stars. It's crazy for a few months, but then high school cheer ends and it's just in time for all stars to really ramp up. But it is for sure harder up north. Some all star programs might allow it...but it would certainly be a conflict for one team or the other in the winter when both teams have competitions, let alone all the practices for both and then games for high school. I can't imagine doing both all year!

I don't know of anyone up here allowing you to compete for HS and allstar. It's pretty standard that you can do sideline cheering, but not compete with your school.

I don't know of anyone up here allowing you to compete for HS and allstar. It's pretty standard that you can do sideline cheering, but not compete with your school.
And its not that it isn't allowed, its that you aren't allowed to miss allstar competitions or practices. I'm sure if there were no conflicts that more teams would allow it.

And its not that it isn't allowed, its that you aren't allowed to miss allstar competitions or practices. I'm sure if there were no conflicts that more teams would allow it.

Yes...this is really what I meant in that it's not allowed. Each require the cheerleader to make it a priority, so they have to choose.

At my cp's gym- the girls are allowed to compete with school and allstar- (she is on One Athletics from Long Island- formally Gravity Cheer-) part of our issue is that we start our season very late because of this- Dallas was only our 2nd competition of the season- we compete hard from march to may- with maybe 1 comp in nov or dec if we need a bid somewhere. This puts us at a huge dissadvantage to teams that have been competing since october and are almost done by Dallas. We still have 3 over night competitions and other teams are starting try outs- however our gym has kids from sachem North (won Uca) sachem east (came close) Mt. Sinai etc. These kids dont want to have to choose. So we make the best of the situation- our coaches are very understanding.

At my cp's gym- the girls are allowed to compete with school and allstar- (she is on One Athletics from Long Island- formally Gravity Cheer-) part of our issue is that we start our season very late because of this- Dallas was only our 2nd competition of the season- we compete hard from march to may- with maybe 1 comp in nov or dec if we need a bid somewhere. This puts us at a huge dissadvantage to teams that have been competing since october and are almost done by Dallas. We still have 3 over night competitions and other teams are starting try outs- however our gym has kids from sachem North (won Uca) sachem east (came close) Mt. Sinai etc. These kids dont want to have to choose. So we make the best of the situation- our coaches are very understanding.
I know island xtreme has a lot of girls that do both as well and have big issues with practice and competitions in the beginning of the season sometime too.

I think that is the way it is in California, well some parts. It really works out well when your school team works out with local all star gym as well.

It is for this reason why I wish UCA and USA high school nationals were earlier like NCA. You get it done early and focus on all stars.

I wish in this area it was easier, but I as many coaches have business jobs and it is just too hard to work around all the all-star practices... :-(

I know of one very talented girl who is on the HC team this year. She was on Starlites years ago and won worlds with them. i am not sure if she won NCA or not. I will have to check. But I think a UCA HS title and a Worlds title are pretty cool titles to have. :)

I respect world cup as a gym, but I really do not like when teams dont let hs teams cheer for all star or vice versa all star cheer for high school. I understand why but I just PERSONALLY dont like it.
the high school i coach at doesnt let anyone be in an outside sport.
i had to let go of one girl cause it was a school rule not my rule.
i dont like it

I respect world cup as a gym, but I really do not like when teams dont let hs teams cheer for all star or vice versa all star cheer for high school. I understand why but I just PERSONALLY dont like it.

It's basically impossible to comp cheer for a school team and also do all star in NJ. I don't believe WC or other all star teams in NJ really allow it. It's just not possible with the aggressive travel schedules the teams around here have. Most gyms will let the girls cheer sideline/football so they can participate with their schools but comp teams and even basketball sideline cheer are usually off the table.

It's basically impossible to comp cheer for a school team and also do all star in NJ. I don't believe WC or other all star teams in NJ really allow it. It's just not possible with the aggressive travel schedules the teams around here have. Most gyms will let the girls cheer sideline/football so they can participate with their schools but comp teams and even basketball sideline cheer are usually off the table.

I wish they would break up school cheerleading into football and basketball cheerleading all over the country. Would be 10 times easier for girls who want to participate in other activities.

Yes...this is really what I meant in that it's not allowed. Each require the cheerleader to make it a priority, so they have to choose.
I wish our gym had this rule. Our state has a competitive fall and winter season and we have athletes that do both. It is the winter season that is the problem. It has negatively impaceted my CPs team for the past two years. The gym states all-star is to be a priority, but those that do both seasons miss practices and injuries at HS cheer have forced them to add last minute fill-ins the week of major competitions on many occaisions. It is very frustrating.

High school cheer in NJ, especially in my area, isn't much of a commitment. I do football cheer from august to november and we usually go to 3 competitions. I'm able to do this and be on a full year all star team, so HS cheer doesn't really conflict

Back