All-Star Idea: Multi Location Gyms Must Have Different Colors At Each Gym Location

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Small correction. We do have a universal scoresheet coming and the athlete registration system will be a bit like our healthcare website. It isn't good right now but eventually it will work. A color coding of gyms would have to be decided on and given a lead time of two years before it would be acted upon.
I'll reserve judgement on the aforementioned until I see it in action, and working.

Maybe it's the Republican in me but the organizational dictation to private business for how they brand their own service is flipping my switch. As is the inevitable resultant effect on kids.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'll reserve judgement on the aforementioned until I see it in action, and working.

Maybe it's the Republican in me but the organizational dictation to private business for how they brand their own service is flipping my switch. As is the inevitable resultant effect on kids.

The pragmatist in me already says they dictate how you run your private business. The difference is you chose to follow the rules set by the USASF to participate in their events. So no one is forcing you anymore than you are already being forced. It is a weak argument.

And all problems must be looked at on a 4-5 timeline to happen. It will probably really upset you to know that there will most likely just be one size team in about 4-5 years as well. Either 20 or 24.

Late to the discussion but honestly - I think the gyms should have the right to brand however they want. The uniform is a branding tool. Rules about modesty not withstanding - why take away this level of creativity. If there is concern about rostering - then tighten the rules and have an athlete registration. Honestly as a parent - if my CP's team earned the bid and then they sent another team - I would be hopping mad and let eveyone know it.

Last year was the first year our mega gym had a satellite gym. Cp's team went up against their "sister" team at every comp with the exception of one small comp and The Summit. While everyone is stating the "sisterhood" factor, the satellite gym was our main competition, and as much as us parents would preach the "sisterhood", no one was feeling the love until we were at opposite competitions. Would a color change in the uniform helped cp's attitude about this team? She just replied, "yes", because she then would have felt as though she was going up against her cousin instead of her twin sister. Everyone smiled and made nice, but not a single family liked it. Cp is no longer on this team, however, those two teams just went up against each other last weekend, again, they were in 1st and 2nd place, and again, not one single parent or athlete was feeling this wonderful family unity.

I am sure there is a much larger reason at hand other than "sisterhood", but to state "uniformity" encourages the "family" feeling is definitely not a true statement. This year, the EP did a much better job providing/announcing location at the event, but when it comes down to judging, pictures and videos I can see the value in helping those that aren't familiar with the teams distinguish the two.

The pragmatist in me already says they dictate how you run your private business. The difference is you chose to follow the rules set by the USASF to participate in their events. So no one is forcing you anymore than you are already being forced. It is a weak argument.

And all problems must be looked at on a 4-5 timeline to happen. It will probably really upset you to know that there will most likely just be one size team in about 4-5 years as well. Either 20 or 24.
So as a business owner your choices are to follow the dictates of the usasf or don't have a business (because what viable growing gym can survive drawing business attending 0 sanctioned events?)

And I feel like I'm missing something here. If the registration and credentialing system is on the way and will solve cheating/crossover/shenanigans...why is it necessary to dictate if alternative locations are branded the same or not?

So as a business owner your choices are to follow the dictates of the usasf or don't have a business (because what viable growing gym can survive drawing business attending 0 sanctioned events?)

And I feel like I'm missing something here. If the registration and credentialing system is on the way and will solve cheating/crossover/shenanigans...why is it necessary to dictate if alternative locations are branded the same or not?

Well yeah (basically) if you want to have a competitive Allstar gym. Saying a business is a bit overdoing it because you could run a tumbling gym that doesn't compete. You follow the rules of the USASF or go to non USASF events. If you saw the story of cheer America you know why it's better to accept the USASF rules and go to USASF sanctioned competitions. That's why there are no mini 3s. The USASF isn't telling you you can't have a mini 3, but it won't sanction that division. What's the difference?

The Credentialing system is a vehicle to help solve issues, not a magic bullet. People will always try and cheat somehow. This is just a way to reduce and improve the system as well as create more competition.

Well yeah (basically) if you want to have a competitive Allstar gym. Saying a business is a bit overdoing it because you could run a tumbling gym that doesn't compete. You follow the rules of the USASF or go to non USASF events. If you saw the story of cheer America you know why it's better to accept the USASF rules and go to USASF sanctioned competitions. That's why there are no mini 3s. The USASF isn't telling you you can't have a mini 3, but it won't sanction that division. What's the difference?

I don't agree that because we currently allow them control some things, we automatically should just give them the power to control everything all star related. The fundamental problems with the USASF structure will NOT get easier to fix if we keep giving them more authority.

I don't agree that because we currently allow them control some things, we automatically should just give them the power to control everything all star related. The fundamental problems with the USASF structure will NOT get easier to fix if we keep giving them more authority.

Cheer needs more and correct regulation to grow but each piece given to the USASF makes it harder to change the underlying structure. No regulation means

As Jam becomes more ok with the USASF I don't see there being a major opponent to it.

I'm late to the party but I don't like it. I know that ACE has done a little of this at the team level with either black or red or white as the base color. But I haven't seen an argument yet that doesn't feel like a punishment to a successful owner.

As to a violation affecting a location or the entire gym, well that can be stipulated and enforced. A penalty would likely affect some innocent people whichever is done.

If differentiation is needed at a specific competition, have them wear arm bands. The ACE kids in red uniforms could wear black arm bands and vice versa.

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

I like the way cheer athletics does it. You can tell which teams are from Austin and which are from Plano, because they have different unis, but the logo is the same. They're definitely different and their uniforms are not similar, but it's still cohesive because the CA Claw is such a huge part of their uniforms.
A lot of gyms don't have a logo or use their logo on their uni, They just have the name on their uniform. I think if we had better established logos for every gym it would be easier for them to make their uniforms theirs, and it would be easier to make a unique uniform for each location. But when the logo isn't used as a main component of the uniform, more uniforms look too similar. Does that make sense? It's harder to make uniforms look unique with "extreme" but when they use the X man you know it's definitely CEA not another gym with a similar name

Last year was the first year our mega gym had a satellite gym. Cp's team went up against their "sister" team at every comp with the exception of one small comp and The Summit. While everyone is stating the "sisterhood" factor, the satellite gym was our main competition, and as much as us parents would preach the "sisterhood", no one was feeling the love until we were at opposite competitions. Would a color change in the uniform helped cp's attitude about this team? She just replied, "yes", because she then would have felt as though she was going up against her cousin instead of her twin sister. Everyone smiled and made nice, but not a single family liked it. Cp is no longer on this team, however, those two teams just went up against each other last weekend, again, they were in 1st and 2nd place, and again, not one single parent or athlete was feeling this wonderful family unity.

I am sure there is a much larger reason at hand other than "sisterhood", but to state "uniformity" encourages the "family" feeling is definitely not a true statement. This year, the EP did a much better job providing/announcing location at the event, but when it comes down to judging, pictures and videos I can see the value in helping those that aren't familiar with the teams distinguish the two.

Since I'm the one who gave the sisterhood example... Lol. While I would never speak for Tannaz and Jeff, it's understood in our gym that every effort is made to not compete against each other in a division. The schedule this year had us going to comps we've never attended before, which is great, to avoid this. And my assumption is, we don't compete against each other because we are each a part of the Cali family. Personally I'm happy about this.

Now we did have to compete against another location last year at one comp (the ep put large youth down into our small youth) and it sucked. Period. I totally get what you are talking about above.

story of my life right here

This is such an interesting thread for me for obvious reason's. LOL

I think you just made Acedad's, 12step's, HAT and Bluecat's point here. At the end of the day it isn't good for your "Brand" (or our Brand, or CA's Brand or ACE's brand) to be even more separated by uniform color choices. Even if it makes you feel better about competing against your sister/cousin. If it's what your gym owner chooses to do because they think it's good for business then rock out..implement it and use it as a positive selling point to both your locations. But, I'm against the USASF telling us or CA or Cali or Ace or WC or Md Twisters what we have to do with our multiple location "Brand's".

Latest posts

Back