All-Star Identical Team Names...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 15, 2010
So it's looking like my program will be fielding its first senior level 5 team ever, yay!

All very exciting, but the one thing Iam nervous is the back lash on what this teams name is by default.

We name our teams by age, than colour representing a level, ie youth silver, junior teal... But the colors stop at 5, and we assigned 'elite' as the name... We have had an open elite for a couple years now...

But now... Drum roll.... ... ... ... We have Senior Elite

I am little nervous for talented athletes to get some back lash when the name leaks, obviously it will come from jealous people and haters... I think I am just a little over protective.

Thoughts on this anyone?

maybe add the Senior name in the whole thing so they dont get so much backlash something like Senior 5 elite or S5 Elite good luck though :)

I agree.

Or maybe *Your Gym Name* Elite and drop the senior from the name (unless you have several level 5 teams at your gym).

Am I right to assume your Open Elite team is level 6? So maybe you could do "Senior Advanced"? Or what about "Senior Exclusive"? Or instead of a color you could pick a new type of name like "Celebrities" or something. I don't think you're going to get a lot of back lash from using Senior Elite, but I understand where you're coming from with your concern.

Am I right to assume your Open Elite team is level 6?

The Open Elite is also a Level 5 team.

I like a lot of the ideas for different names posted on here. Personally, I would steer clear from calling them "Senior Elite", and maybe go with some of the other suggestions, which could still work well with your naming theme. The only advantage you have is, being an Australian team, there will still be a fair amount of people (in comparison to within the States) who hear "Senior Elite" and don't make any connection to CEA.

Theres another team in Ohio called Ultimate Athletics. They also go by UA and get this...have a team named Dynasty.

So there are 2 gyms with the names: Ultimate Athletics Dynasty.

This is just me .. but when ever I decide to open a gym *cough cough dmouth11, I would want the team names to be somewhat cohesive.

If you're going to have team names named after colors/ a certain theme, do colors/ the whole theme throughout the whole program, and don't stop at a certain level.
I hate when I see "Craptastic Junior Excel, Craptastic Senior Green, and Craptastic Glitter Princesses"

But anywhoo to address your question: Senior 5 is always a safe option.

Maybe Senior Select? Senior Ace? Premier? Prime? bleeh those stinks lol GL

This is just me .. but when ever I decide to open a gym *cough cough dmouth11, I would want the team names to be somewhat cohesive.

If you're going to have team names named after colors/ a certain theme, do colors/ the whole theme throughout the whole program, and don't stop at a certain level.
I hate when I see "Craptastic Junior Excel, Craptastic Senior Green, and Craptastic Glitter Princesses"

But anywhoo to address your question: Senior 5 is always a safe option.

Maybe Senior Select? Senior Ace? Premier? Prime? bleeh those stinks lol GL
Agreed....

Another thought, why don't you put a color in between the "Senior" and "Elite"? That way you're continuing the color theme, as well as the elite theme for the L5 teams, but it's not going to scream "CEA Senior Elite". So something like "Senior Black Elite" or something? (I think you already have one called Black, but you get my idea :) )

Back