All-Star Identical Team Names...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Way back when....pretty much all level 5 teams were elite or advanced. My old gym called our 4s excel, 3s intermediate and 2s novice.

I tend to not pay much notice to a name like that. Though if you were going to name a team something more particular (F5 for example), I'd probably start thinking it was odd.

I'd say go for it. Senior and Elite are so generic and widely used in the cheerleading industry that it wouldn't even be a big deal. Honestly CEA didn't copyright the name so who cares?

A local team in the area has a level 4 (I think) that goes by Senior Elite... And they are also "CEA" ;)
It throws me off because all their other teams are colors & then randomly, level 4 is "Senior Elite"..

Theres another team in Ohio called Ultimate Athletics. They also go by UA and get this...have a team named Dynasty.

So there are 2 gyms with the names: Ultimate Athletics Dynasty.

On the lineup for the Milwaukee UCA regional there is an Ultimate Athletics from MN but it appears that their teams are named after cats.

I wouldn't see having the same name a problem! There's are so many Panthers, Wildcats and Cheetahs around that we have to rely on gym names (ex. CA Panthers, East Lake Panthers) that the same would apply here. I don't think anyone would be upset by that since its such a universal name!
Good luck this season, can't wait to see your new team!

Everyone has made some great points, I think we will be keeping it... The panthers analogy made sense

I would try to come up with something cool. I coach a pop warner team and we adopted the elite at the end of our names for fun because we were one of the better programs in the country so we had Jr. Pee Wee Elite, Pee Wee Elite, Jr. Midget Elite, Midget Elite, but i wouldnt ever do it if they were called juniors or seniors. I LOVE what prodigy Allstars did with their team names, so creative. Think outside of the box, a cool name with a killer routine will def build a fan base.
...for the record i call cali's Lady Bullets. Some things I feel like are an unwritten rule. You never call your senior team senior elite, taken, never name your junior 5 team starlites, taken, thats like starting a new team in the NFL and calling them the Oklahoma City Cowboys.

Back