All-Star If Gas Is $5.00 A Gallon Would You Cheer Closer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No. The closest gym that is decent is the one I cheer at now (not that I'm settling for them) and I could never quit!

pshhh my parents would yank me out of cheer in a heart beat... the closest gym is the one im at right now and the one that is also equal distance with it, is crap and treats you like dirt (been there, done that)

I am so lucky that my cp's gym Cheer Tyme (which we LOVE) is only about a 25 min drive. So, no we would not change our minds(ever) but i am sure it would effect many peoples choices...$5.00 a gallon is insane!!!

Im very lucky that my gym is 3 minutes from my house but I know it would affect all the competitions. Driving from NJ to Virginia, Maryland etc about 4 times a season will get very expensive

This figure does not account for the government continuously printing more and more money. You have to remember that if more money is being printed, then the value of the dollar is decreased and the price of everything will increase and the quality of products will most likely decrease. That being said, minimum wage is also supposedly being increased to $9.50 in 2011. Take that into account when considering the "awe" of the $5 figure.

lol, my cp's travel from NY to NJ 2.5 hrs gas is cheaper there and we fill up on the way home. Oh and you never know what the future may bring but as of right now the sacrafice is worth it.

This figure does not account for the government continuously printing more and more money. You have to remember that if more money is being printed, then the value of the dollar is decreased and the price of everything will increase and the quality of products will most likely decrease. That being said, minimum wage is also supposedly being increased to $9.50 in 2011. Take that into account when considering the "awe" of the $5 figure.

If you drive an SUV that gets 15 miles to the gallon, drive 30 miles to and then from practice (60 round trip) and practice 3 times a week for cheer alone you would spend $60 bucks on just gas.

My parents already think a 30 minute commute is too much. They've been using it as an excuse to not let me go to the gym I want for years. If gas got that expensive, I would just give up trying to convince them and not do all stars again until college.

If you drive an SUV that gets 15 miles to the gallon, drive 30 miles to and then from practice (60 round trip) and practice 3 times a week for cheer alone you would spend $60 bucks on just gas.

When one buys a car, he/she should consider the upkeep and the cost of gas in regards to the activities the car will be used for. Also, if you are going to spend money on an SUV with such low gas mileage, you better have the money to pay for the gas!

Every cloud has a silver lining. Maybe this will weed out some of the smaller national championships AND force the big boys to condense their competitions so each player only has one National Championship.

But if each company only has one "National", wont it be more expensive if people have to fly to get there?

It would mean you would probably only do 1 or 2 big competitions a year, and the rest would be smaller and more regional.

Yes she would still cheer. We'd just cut something else out.

ETA: we can't get any closer than what we are now :)

Back