All-Star If Gas Is $5.00 A Gallon Would You Cheer Closer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ours is about 20-25 minutes drive, she would still cheer there we would just cut back some stuff.

True! When I visited USA, my dad wanted to rent a SUV just because it was so cheap with gas, haha.

This is where my Hippy side comes out. I am not a huge fan of SUV's. They are not overly practical (though they are pretty cool). 5 dollar gas might get a bunch of them off the road (a good thing IMO)

This is where my Hippy side comes out. I am not a huge fan of SUV's. They are not overly practical (though they are pretty cool). 5 dollar gas might get a bunch of them off the road (a good thing IMO)
Mmm yeah, it just feels unnecessary. At least if you could use the money on something else. And they're not good for the environment either!

I just traded in my crossover SUV to a small compact car. When the kids were younger with car seats and things we needed the extra room, now not so much. It cut $200 off my car payment each month plus I get great gas mileage now! I can actually afford to get my cp some private lessons now!

We just switched from a gym 5 min away on side streets to a gym 20 min away on an ALL toll highway this year. And yes, I drive the huge SUV. (try 10 miles to the gallon) It has definitely changed my gas budget and my toll tag costs! But we wouldnt switch gyms even at 5 dollars/gallon. I agree with the others, if it became a hardship, I would find a way to save money other ways. The gym she is at is too important to my daughter.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Maybe this will weed out some of the smaller national championships AND force the big boys to condense their competitions so each player only has one National Championship.

that reminded me of silver's musicccc. oh the good old days.

It wouldn't change anything for us. The gym is 1 mile away from our house and I already drive a compact car.

I drive a big SUV with a V8 (..at least I recycle?). My happy butt would be sittin' at home or hitchin' a ride if gas got to $5 a gallon.

Maybe I'll invest in a bicycle...

Its kinda sad to thing that something as little as gas price increasing a dollar will take alot of kids out of a sport they love so much. Cheerleading is finally recongized more in the public eye and athletes are so talented, all to be ruined by a gallon of gas. what a shame

Its kinda sad to thing that something as little as gas price increasing a dollar will take alot of kids out of a sport they love so much. Cheerleading is finally recongized more in the public eye and athletes are so talented, all to be ruined by a gallon of gas. what a shame

well its the price some of us would have to pay. there are more important things that have to be done. cheerleading isnt cheap and when gas costs that much, it could double the cost of cheer with commuting to the gym and going to comps. cheerleading isnt a necessity.

well its the price some of us would have to pay. there are more important things that have to be done. cheerleading isnt cheap and when gas costs that much, it could double the cost of cheer with commuting to the gym and going to comps. cheerleading isnt a necessity.
true, cheerleading isnt a necessity. Maybe gyms will offer discounts or cheaper/ more local competitions. Cheerleading is going to soon be a sport of the rich, which is terrible.

Think of entire empires in cheer built upon the cheap logistics of moving people around in cheer. Higher prices for travel would result in less people doing allstar. Which means less teams.

Less teams means you will:

pay choreographers less (use less expensive)
pay music people less (use less expensive)
avoid lots of competitions, maybe just go to one esteemed one and then all local ones
either choose a local gym OR if you are going to pay choose a more well named gym

Back