OT Inappropriate Discussions With Athletes

• Thread starter Deleted member 41136
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Saw this from a girl on Twitter: "No more food after today, gotta look skinny for comp on Sunday
1f353.png
"

Even if she isn't serious, that's really sad to see and I'm sure other kids will see it and take it to heart :(

Or worse, they take matters into their own hands and DO try to do something about it, and 9 times out of 10 it's done in an unhealthy manner.

I constantly see tweets and posts by cheerleaders about purposely not eating and how they need to lose 20 lbs by majors/NCA/worlds. They start restricting their intake and start a downward spiral that can trigger a full blown eating disorder. The crop tops and cheerlebs famous for their abs put enough pressure on these kid without a coach telling them to lose a few pounds. Or my favorite, the coaches that tell the flyers to make sure they don't indulge on thanksgiving or Christmas because they'll be too heavy. I'd march my kid out of that gym but it happens constantly.

Since there are a few people on the boards who have shared about their EDs I'd be interested to hear your opinions on this topic and what you think the best way to approach the "too big to fly" issue that wouldn't trigger you to go back down that path and into a relapse.

My daughter with the ED is not my cheerleader but knowing ED's, the disease, and hungry brain that is malnourished there is nothing that you could say to my daughter or any good way of saying this that would be acceptable to her and not matter what or how something is said the distorted mind and behaviors will make it bad and more negative and it would become "fat" talk.... This is why this particular child of mine cannot be in a sport like this, I know as a parent to avoid this. My daughter with an ED is also a 5'10 child and no matter what always feels bigger than everyone else even though she is thin.

My daughter with the ED is not my cheerleader but knowing ED's, the disease, and hungry brain that is malnourished there is nothing that you could say to my daughter or any good way of saying this that would be acceptable to her and not matter what or how something is said the distorted mind and behaviors will make it bad and more negative and it would become "fat" talk.... This is why this particular child of mine cannot be in a sport like this, I know as a parent to avoid this. My daughter with an ED is also a 5'10 child and no matter what always feels bigger than everyone else even though she is thin.
Being tall I can relate, I feel abnormally large (like, man large) and it's awkward.

I used to think I couldn't dress well because coats/jackets and jeans never completely cover my limbs. Then I realized I am just tall. :D

when i was younger , buying jeans was such a pain. Nothing fit and i felt like i was the weirdest creature in the world. Thank you H&M for adjusting to tall women and meeting their needs with long skinny jeans haha

when i was younger , buying jeans was such a pain. Nothing fit and i felt like i was the weirdest creature in the world. Thank you H&M for adjusting to tall women and meeting their needs with long skinny jeans haha
My CP has just the opposite problem. She is short and muscular with a tiny waist. Kids jeans will not go over her legs, or by the time they do they are huge everywhere else because they are built so square. A size 1 or 2 in juniors fits in the legs but is a little big in the waist, but less than kids jeans. I have to cut 3 inches off even when we get a short.

My CP has just the opposite problem. She is short and muscular with a tiny waist. Kids jeans will not go over her legs, or by the time they do they are huge everywhere else because they are built so square. A size 1 or 2 in juniors fits in the legs but is a little big in the waist, but less than kids jeans. I have to cut 3 inches off even when we get a short.

My Flyer is like that too and she loves Hollister Jeans, she bought a nice pair when we were at Worlds but they were not really cheap either, she said she doesn't care because the one time she can find jeans that actually fit she will buy them no matter what price

My Flyer is like that too and she loves Hollister Jeans, she bought a nice pair when we were at Worlds but they were not really cheap either, she said she doesn't care because the one time she can find jeans that actually fit she will buy them no matter what price
We have had success with Aeropostale curvy fit. You have to order them, but they work for her. She also wears their curvy fit uniform pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of a derail but since we're talking about jeans...fellow tall fierceboarders: I don't know if you have tried express but their jeans have been a life saver. It's impossible for me to find jeans that actually fit me well but their jeans and denim jeggings are awesome. I got rid of all my other jeans when I found these ones. I'm about 5'8" and 115 pounds and I wear a 0 if that helps anyone for sizing.

They're about $80 I think but they have sales all the time plus if you sign up for their emails you'll get really phenomenal coupons! Like right now they're having a $25 off of every $75 you spend deal.

Kind of a derail but since we're talking about jeans...fellow tall fierceboarders: I don't know if you have tried express but their jeans have been a life saver. It's impossible for me to find jeans that actually fit me well but their jeans and denim jeggings are awesome. I got rid of all my other jeans when I found these ones. I'm about 5'8" and 115 pounds and I wear a 0 if that helps anyone for sizing.

They're about $80 I think but they have sales all the time plus if you sign up for their emails you'll get really phenomenal coupons! Like right now they're having a $25 off of every $75 you spend deal.

I'm 5'11 so I feel the pain, have you tried Hollister or American eagle jeans in "long"? They are the only brands I will wear because nothing else fits.

Won't get easier as she gets older. Hate to break it to ya!

I haven't!!! I'll have to check those out, I've heard good things about AE jeans!

AE is all I've worn for years. I have a size 2 waist but the booty and thighs of a tumbler and base and AE has the only jeans I can find under $50 that fit me. They last FOREVER too.

Back