Inconsistent Full Ups

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
My team is working on full up libs and one day they will be super consistent and hit every time, then the next practice, it's like no one can hit it at all. We are using the same technique for the full ups every day and we are in the same base groups. Any suggestions on how we can encourage consistency of stunts? What do your coaches do to make you practice stunts for consistency?

We started doing 10 full ups each group at the beginning of each practice, then run our routine for a while, breaking it down, then at the end of practice do 10 full ups again. They have to be 10 hits. Full ups are about being consistent and timing. If you take a break (for instance if we are ever off for a school break) then are full ups are weak. The more you do them, the better off you are. Practice, practice, practice. If you can hit 10 at the end of a good, hard practice, you are in good shape. Hope this helps some.

I always start with 2 or 3 steps back of the actual skill to the specific warm up and then I go to the full up in progression. Is safer, builds confidence and muscle memory. Example: fake up, full up 2-legs, full up target/platform then hit the lib and finally full up lib.
CoachKL, thanks for the tip I´m going to use it soon.

We have this new grip that we tried last practice for these because no one was getting them. It worked wonders!! now everyone hits them consistintly!!! I will try to get a picture and video at practice and post it!!:)

ULookFierce

Make sure bases are dipping with their LEGS, and not bending at the back. Sometimes at the end of the practice, bases compromise the technique because they're tired and that's when sloppy (and dangerous) habits can form. A good way to develop technique--- especially off-season--- is to have different bases working with each other during different practices.

Back