All-Star Injury Poll!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What level and how your injury occurred.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I cheered for many many years and made it to L5. My only cheer related injury was when we were warming up tumbling and I somehow twisted my knee landing jumps to tuck and tore my mcl.

My little sister had a concussion from back spotting kick doubles when her flyers elbow hit her in the head. Also when she was on youth when she was younger she was doing a ro bhs tuck and freaked out mid tuck and came down on her elbow resulting in an open fracture of her humerus. She was out for 8 months.

2 years ago I got two stress fractures in my foot from level 3 tumbling. It just happens when the bone overtime weakens from bad landings over time and then breaks. I was in a boot cast for a month, competed at UCA nationals, broke it again, and a week later once I got home was back in a boot for another 3 months (it was worse the second time). It still bothers me when I land tumbling short or don't make a complete rotation in a standing tuck. Makes me cringe watching girls land short because that's how this injury happens!

My CP has been in Allstar cheer for 10 years. She has, thank the good lord, only had minor injuries i.e. sprained ankles, broken nose, snapped tendon in her hand - all have come from stunting in Level 4 and 5. However, she did have a tumbling coach when she was learning her full that was a mental case and told her he had invented a telepathic spotting arm that was powered by his positive energy and that he no longer had to be on the floor with her to spot her. So I took her out of that tumbling private and took her to $100/hr privates at a gymnastics facility where she got her full properly after relearning layouts. Unfortunately she was mid season in the same Allstar program and that same instructor, the last practice before the first comp that she was gonna throw her full in routine that same coach told her he had had a nightmare about her busting her full on her head in competition and splitting her head open... took 2 years and some great coaches at her current gym to get her over being mentally afraid of her full!! SO IMHO COACH TRAINING IS A DEFINITE PRIORITY!!! Not just technique but psychology too!!

Sidenote: That coach now owns a power tumbling gym:help:

Sprained my ankle stepping off the front of an extended lib half up my first year of cheer (level 3), cut my eyebrow open my first time backspotting a prep double down, strained tendons in my ankle from landing short on my fulls, pulled a muscle in my back from being caught funny in an arabesque double down, severe concussion from being dropped on my head in a one in a half up.

I'm a level 5 athlete but I have only broke bones doing level 2/3 skills I broke 2 fingers on a back handspring and my ankle on a running tuck! I also broke my ankle walking off the comp floor! lol

concussion catching a double down from prep level i was the back and my flyer and i smashed heads she pulled too fast and i didnt move to the side to catch

broken nose from catching an extension double down
Yepp I broke my nose from my backspot punching me an it cracked in three places. I had to get reconstructive surgery because it made my breathing airways sideways and that cost a lot.
Two weeks after I got back, I was front spotting a pyramid and the flyer kicked me and broke it again!!!!! No more surgery lol. Needless to say, since then I have broken it 12 times

Back