All-Star International Coed 5/all-girl 5 Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

because 20, and 25, and 30 year old males shouldnt compete with 14 year old girls?

and there are plenty of reasons over the psychological reasons.
well i agree with you there. but idk, maybe international should be under 21 or something. there's still a big difference between someone that is 3 years out of high school and someone who is ten or more years out.

because 20, and 25, and 30 year old males shouldnt compete with 14 year old girls?

and there are plenty of reasons over the psychological reasons.

well i agree with you there.

but maybe international divisions should have a max age of 21, or something like that. there is a clear difference between someone who is 3 years out of high school and someone who is ten or more years out

well i agree with you there. but idk, maybe international should be under 21 or something. there's still a big difference between someone that is 3 years out of high school and someone who is ten or more years out.
anyone 18+ can vote, buy lottery tickets, be drafted (yep thats still around), serve jury duty, would never be charged as a minor, buy tobacco, and is legally an adult. anyone younger than 18 is not.

that is the reason i think you have an age that is either club teams or open teams. you cant be both.

that is the reason i think you have an age that is either club teams or open teams. you cant be both.

Just curious to see where you're coming from. Can you elaborate on this a little more? I'm trying to understand both points of the conversation before butting in haha

I don't really see the issue, maybe its different from gym to gym but the youngest person on our team is about 16 and everything has been fine thus far. Adults should be able to act accordingly. I don't think it should be 18+ due to the lack of maturity in SOME adult males. If the same adults that vote for our countries leader don't know how to behave while in a team setting, they don't need to be on the team.

Just curious to see where you're coming from. Can you elaborate on this a little more? I'm trying to understand both points of the conversation before butting in haha

I just typed a whole three paragraph response and accidentally clicked the wikipedia button. Dang it.

ohh haha okay. I was just kind of confused how you can't be both. I kind of am. I am 19 and still senior eligible, but competed int'l

ohh haha okay. I was just kind of confused how you can't be both. I kind of am. I am 19 and still senior eligible, but competed int'l

right, i think there should be a cutoff age for club. a set date where you switch over. you could not be both, but one or the other. so everyone 12+ has a place to cheer, but after you age out of club you are strictly an open person.

high shcoolers? no. high schoolers should get bids.

but high schoolers shouldnt compete with adults.

I think it's funny that people don't think high schoolers should compete with adults while they think it's ok for junior highers to be allowed to compete with high schoolers. Same age difference, and trust me the junior highers are getting an ear full of inappropriate discussions every single practice. When my daughter was in Jr high and on a Sr team she heard more about abortions and Friday night sex than she should have been exposed to.........yet everyone seems to thinks it's ok dokey for Jr Highers to compete with High Schoolers..........
So why is it so different for high schoolers to compete with adults? What is the difference??

I think it's funny that people don't think high schoolers should compete with adults while they think it's ok for junior highers to be allowed to compete with high schoolers. Same age difference, and trust me the junior highers are getting an ear full of inappropriate discussions every single practice. When my daughter was in Jr high and on a Sr team she heard more about abortions and Friday night sex than she should have been exposed to.........yet everyone seems to thinks it's ok dokey for Jr Highers to compete with High Schoolers..........
So why is it so different for high schoolers to compete with adults? What is the difference??

I can remember this juniors on senior teams argument from a few fierceboards ago. Hopefully this one dies out as well.

Coed teams with guys over 18 and girls under 18?

If that is the case then you have the same issue on a junior team where there are high school aged kids with elementary and middle school kids talking about inappropriate things. Please let's not get started on what middle schoolers are doing/talking about these days.

If that is the case then you have the same issue on a junior team where there are high school aged kids with elementary and middle school kids talking about inappropriate things. Please let's not get started on what middle schoolers are doing/talking about these days.

I agree completely. I was just trying to bring the whole picture into focus more instead of everyone just concentrating on the high schoolers competing with adult subject. It happens across the board. So if it isn't good in one aspect that means it isn't good across the board. I don't like it when one thing is the focus and all the rest is forgotten. Apples to apples. I wish cheer was grade divided again like it was back in the day.........and the grades made sense.....elementary to elementary, middle school to middle school, high school to high school. I would have no problem with International being adult to adult. I know my daughter would probably like it. LOL

Back