Is Taking Privates With Another Coach Frowned Upon?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If there is an issue you can always try switching your out of gym privates to a gymnastics gym. That's what I did when I had the issue and it wasn't s problem because I wasn't leaving my gym for gymnastics and I got a different POV that really helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our owner gets requests all the time from people at other gyms that want her to do privates with them. She politely declines and tells them she can't afford to help her competition. And so she has a policy that she doesn't help kids from other all star gyms.

While she doesn't specifically say her kids can't go to other places for privates, it dies drive her nuts when they do. Only because they normally come back with weird stuff, that "so and so" said to do at "so and so's" open gym.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Our owner gets requests all the time from people at other gyms that want her to do privates with them. She politely declines and tells them she can't afford to help her competition. And so she has a policy that she doesn't help kids from other all star gyms.

While she doesn't specifically say her kids can't go to other places for privates, it dies drive her nuts when they do. Only because they normally come back with weird stuff, that "so and so" said to do at "so and so's" open gym.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I totally agree with your gym owner

Thanks for all of your insights. I decided against it for now. It might be more trouble than what its worth.

I have seen a few gyms in my area put in the contract that no outside the gym instruction is permitted. Our gym has no stated such rule so I did not ask. My CP is taking classes at another gym for tumbling and has found success. She is very used to the coaches at our gym. At this other gym, I find she pushes herself harder to make a good impression.

Back