All-Star Is This What The Future Looks Like?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll shed light on what really happened! ICU went to the Sporting Authority to get Cheerleading recognized as a legitimate sport and to let them know that the ICU was the governing body of cheerleading worldwide! When this happened, FIG had a problem with it and stated to them (or filed a claim - however they do it) that cheerleading and gymnastics was the same. (LIES) So, to separate cheer from gymnastics, these guidelines were put in place and it showed how we were different and how we weren't the same. No rules are going to change or anything in that nature. This is just a huge step forward in making cheerleading a legitimate sport, recognized in the sporting community. And an even bigger step into getting cheerleading into the Olympics! In the end, we are now a recognized sport that's separate from gymnastics.

I'll shed light on what really happened! ICU went to the Sporting Authority to get Cheerleading recognized as a legitimate sport and to let them know that the ICU was the governing body of cheerleading worldwide! When this happened, FIG had a problem with it and stated to them (or filed a claim - however they do it) that cheerleading and gymnastics was the same. (LIES) So, to separate cheer from gymnastics, these guidelines were put in place and it showed how we were different and how we weren't the same. No rules are going to change or anything in that nature. This is just a huge step forward in making cheerleading a legitimate sport, recognized in the sporting community. And an even bigger step into getting cheerleading into the Olympics! In the end, we are now a recognized sport that's separate from gymnastics.

That's nice, except the ICU isn't the office governing body of cheerleading worldwide.

I'm sad that the stunt divisions are gone (or will be). It was a way in for many countries that couldn't get enough people for a whole team or didn't have a team that was "good enough", but were more confident in stunting.

The IFC is the group that wanted to be recognized as the governing body. They weren't successful. The ICU was the successor. I've read some stuff about this company in the past.
Where does it say that ICU was successful and IFC was not?

I read the agreement differently than you did…I read that the current rules for stunt and the current rules for all star would not be allowed at the international level…and at National Championships….

Back