All-Star Island Explosion (the Staten Island Cheerleading Money Scandal)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

is the athletic edge facility where the new world cup teams are located this season? obviously, they are not involved with this guy, but is this the same place? i get my staten and long islands confused, so I may be on the wrong island with this one! LOL

Wow, I can't believe that someone would do this to these innocent girls.

1st, it may be just me but he looks sketch. Maybe because he was just being sneaky in the video but just the vibe he gave off is not anything that I've experienced with owners that I've known in my lifetime. I also don't understand how the court system is letting him run around and not pay these people back who he scammed and also allow him to have another team again! Don't even get me started on the parents on his current team who said that they were being unfair to him. Didn't they see that the reporter had all of the court documents in his hand and a mother outside who had gone through the experience? Also the fact that he was running away already tells you he's guilty. My mother would've pulled me out of practice so quick and fast.

is the athletic edge facility where the new world cup teams are located this season? obviously, they are not involved with this guy, but is this the same place? i get my staten and long islands confused, so I may be on the wrong island with this one! LOL
They were totally involved in this. Actually a lot of this went on in their gym. They had another all star team running out of there called Lightning Cheer All Stars and he worked for them for a while. The coaches of that team noticed he was starting to suggest to them to steal money for a personal profit and started causing trouble between the parents and the owners of Lightning so those coaches refused to work with him and told athletic edge what his plans were and that they wouldn't coach with him anymore. Athletic edge owners didn't listen and decided he'd be a tumbling instructor for them but not a coach. At the end of the season, the owners of athletic edge told the owners of lightning that they thought island xplosion and james defranco could bring them more money so Lightning had to join with him or leave. The owners of Lightning cheer knew he was bad news and wouldn't, therefore losing there space in favor of him. the owners of athletic edge said they knew he was trouble but he could bring them money so out went lightning and their owners who didn't have another place to go. Some parents from lightning went to cheer for xplosion even though they knew he was what he was. It's actually just as much of Athletic Edges fault for trying to cash in on him and getting rid of a program that was growing. It was growing slowly but they doubled their athletes in one year. Still not enough for them and they invested in him. He didn't just rent space from them. They were a part of this too. I feel so bad for the innocent kids that loved their coach and found out what he was about but most of the parents,not all, knew and cheered for him anyway. Some went to world cup but the owners and coaches of that team didn't get to go coach at world cup and lost so much more than money. And on another note when Lightning Cheer was in Athletic edge they wanted to go to world cup clinics and coaches conferences and have the kids go to camps and The Athletic edge owners said, "why do go there, they aren't anything special. We don't want you working with WC. Funny how suddenly now they feel WC is good enough to make them money. I wish WC hadn't done that with them. In any event, apparently he wasn't the money tree they hoped for but in the process totally broke the dreams of Lightning ever becoming anything. This is all fact not opinion. I am one of the owners and head coaches that was Lightning Cheer. If you have questions at all please ask me directly if you wish. Thank you for listening. It's been on my chest for a long time.

p.s. I'm so sorry If my grammar isn't perfect etc...lol i was typing like a nut and just needed the story out there.

They were totally involved in this. Actually a lot of this went on in their gym. They had another all star team running out of there called Lightning Cheer All Stars and he worked for them for a while. The coaches of that team noticed he was starting to suggest to them to steal money for a personal profit and started causing trouble between the parents and the owners of Lightning so those coaches refused to work with him and told athletic edge what his plans were and that they wouldn't coach with him anymore. Athletic edge owners didn't listen and decided he'd be a tumbling instructor for them but not a coach. At the end of the season, the owners of athletic edge told the owners of lightning that they thought island xplosion and james defranco could bring them more money so Lightning had to join with him or leave. The owners of Lightning cheer knew he was bad news and wouldn't, therefore losing there space in favor of him. the owners of athletic edge said they knew he was trouble but he could bring them money so out went lightning and their owners who didn't have another place to go. Some parents from lightning went to cheer for xplosion even though they knew he was what he was. It's actually just as much of Athletic Edges fault for trying to cash in on him and getting rid of a program that was growing. It was growing slowly but they doubled their athletes in one year. Still not enough for them and they invested in him. He didn't just rent space from them. They were a part of this too. I feel so bad for the innocent kids that loved their coach and found out what he was about but most of the parents,not all, knew and cheered for him anyway. Some went to world cup but the owners and coaches of that team didn't get to go coach at world cup and lost so much more than money. And on another note when Lightning Cheer was in Athletic edge they wanted to go to world cup clinics and coaches conferences and have the kids go to camps and The Athletic edge owners said, "why do go there, they aren't anything special. We don't want you working with WC. Funny how suddenly now they feel WC is good enough to make them money. I wish WC hadn't done that with them. In any event, apparently he wasn't the money tree they hoped for but in the process totally broke the dreams of Lightning ever becoming anything. This is all fact not opinion. I am one of the owners and head coaches that was Lightning Cheer. If you have questions at all please ask me directly if you wish. Thank you for listening. It's been on my chest for a long time.

p.s. I'm so sorry If my grammar isn't perfect etc...lol i was typing like a nut and just needed the story out there.
Thank you for your post, I can't believe that this occurred, unfortunate from all sides.

Thank you for your post, I can't believe that this occurred, unfortunate from all sides.
just didn't want Athletic edge to not face there responsibility in this too. They played total victim on that news clip As long as the WC team run out of there isn't in conjunction with them, it should be fine. That gym has lost three all star teams in 3 years because they are gymnastics coaches and do not know how all star cheer works.

Since it's chilly outside, can I have hot (sweet) tea? Anyone care to join me?

Staten Island is a smaller island off (I believe) the bottom coast of Manhattan Island. Long island is (very obviously) the long island that sorta sits under CT. TECHNICALLY both Brooklyn and Queens are on Long Island 'island', even though they're a part of NYC. Staten Island is sometimes considered the 5th 'borough' of NYC, but I don't really..it's kinda just 'there' and there's the ferry to it lol. I've never actually been to Staten Island, although when I was in college I considered cheering for a couple programs there because it was closer. Actually- the show this was on featured some shady realtors in NYC and forced them to close..

I'm so sorry for your troubles. However, can I make a suggestion? I have spent years looking for an all star program in NYC ( sorry, SI is too much of a hike) and I'm not the only one. I know there was a program (aviator?) from Brooklyn but I think they're gone.
Have you considered reopening your program somewhere in the other 4 Boroughs that's accessible by public transit? They have spring floors at Chelsea Piers. . . Please?

Latest posts

Back