All-Star Island Explosion (the Staten Island Cheerleading Money Scandal)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm so sorry for your troubles. However, can I make a suggestion? I have spent years looking for an all star program in NYC ( sorry, SI is too much of a hike) and I'm not the only one. I know there was a program (aviator?) from Brooklyn but I think they're gone.
Have you considered reopening your program somewhere in the other 4 Boroughs that's accessible by public transit? They have spring floors at Chelsea Piers. . . Please?
Oh for the love of God DO IT. PLEASE..of ALL the things NYC has, it doesn't have a cheer program. I just don't get it :( @BowCat and I are gonna do it if nobody else does ;)

I'm so sorry for your troubles. However, can I make a suggestion? I have spent years looking for an all star program in NYC ( sorry, SI is too much of a hike) and I'm not the only one. I know there was a program (aviator?) from Brooklyn but I think they're gone.
Have you considered reopening your program somewhere in the other 4 Boroughs that's accessible by public transit? They have spring floors at Chelsea Piers. . . Please?
Oh for the love of God DO IT. PLEASE..of ALL the things NYC has, it doesn't have a cheer program. I just don't get it :( @BowCat and I are gonna do it if nobody else does ;)
I've wanted to do that since way before this all even happened but I'm just not in the position to do so now. It is a great idea, though and maybe one day I will get to do it or if you bet me to it, maybe You'll let me coach with you lol! :p

I've wanted to do that since way before this all even happened but I'm just not in the position to do so now. It is a great idea, though and maybe one day I will get to do it or if you bet me to it, maybe You'll let me coach with you lol! :p
I'm in no position either (Hi college loans, so nice of you to join the party lol)..but I will. Someday soon, I will do it.

Staten Island is a smaller island off (I believe) the bottom coast of Manhattan Island. Long island is (very obviously) the long island that sorta sits under CT. TECHNICALLY both Brooklyn and Queens are on Long Island 'island', even though they're a part of NYC. Staten Island is sometimes considered the 5th 'borough' of NYC, but I don't really..it's kinda just 'there' and there's the ferry to it lol. I've never actually been to Staten Island, although when I was in college I considered cheering for a couple programs there because it was closer. Actually- the show this was on featured some shady realtors in NYC and forced them to close..

thanks for the clarification! georgraphy never was my strong suit...

Unfortunately this isn't the only place where this is going on! It's a shame that people forget why they are really coaching...for the athletes, and not for the money!

This is a bad situation, but I just can't let this comment go.

I'm really, really, really tired of people in this country thinking that doing something "for the money" is a bad thing. It's not. Obviously, I'm not talking about stealing here or "gaming" the system. I'm talking about good, honest work whether as an employee or an owner.

When you do good work, you can get paid more money! Amazing how that works! When you are an owner of a business and you offer a product that lots of people want, you can get paid more money!

It's not a bad thing and I'm so tired of people criticizing successful people and businesses.

Finally, doing something "for the athletes" does not have to conflict with doing it "for the money". That's why so many people would like to find jobs in the cheerleading industry because they would like to do both.

I'm really, really, really tired of people in this country thinking that doing something "for the money" is a bad thing. It's not. Obviously, I'm not talking about stealing here or "gaming" the system. I'm talking about good, honest work whether as an employee or an owner.

When you do good work, you can get paid more money! Amazing how that works! When you are an owner of a business and you offer a product that lots of people want, you can get paid more money!

It's not a bad thing and I'm so tired of people criticizing successful people and businesses.

Finally, doing something "for the athletes" does not have to conflict with doing it "for the money". That's why so many people would like to find jobs in the cheerleading industry because they would like to do both.

Oh ACEDAD can I just say I love you! :chestbump:

Amen. Where's the shimmy 1,000,000x button???

ACEDAD, sorry I hit a nerve there! I'm totally supportive of businesses in the cheer industry making money, and I agree that it's not a bad thing to do good work and get paid, but based on this certain situation is what I was referring to, it ended up bad and caused me to think of their real intentions. To me, "for the money" is a direct result of "for the athletes". The successful gyms I know of/been a part of are successful because of their care for their athletes...which in turn lets you do both, for the athletes and money. Also had a bad experience with an owner that was just "for the money" and the business is slowing going down.

kinda flew through most of the new posts so not sure if this has already been mentioned but james defrank was also brought up and pedophile charges this past summer.. as for my opinion - he shouldn't even be around children let alone little girls in crop stops and small skirts...

it just makes me question some of these parents who actually let there kids go backk....

Wow this is crazy but a reality of the World today!! The parents and athletes are the obvious victims and I wish them well in finding a more stable gym to call home!! As for the coach, I think I would have had a little more respect for him if here weren't slithering around the subject and the gym like a snake. Trying to escape out of any possible exit!! Its sad!!!

kinda flew through most of the new posts so not sure if this has already been mentioned but james defrank was also brought up and pedophile charges this past summer.. as for my opinion - he shouldn't even be around children let alone little girls in crop stops and small skirts...

it just makes me question some of these parents who actually let there kids go backk....

He was accused, but was he charged? There is a BIG difference. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything....but was he found guilty? He is registered under Megan's Law?

Latest posts

Back