All-Star Iso Last Year's Schedule From Spirit Festival In Hartford Ct...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mommycheer

Cheer Parent
Feb 24, 2014
Trying to get an idea of the performance order since it is an SAT date...any info would be helpful TIA

Their bid declaration says they're guaranteeing a paid bid to an open team.

Two thoughts on that

1). It's dumb, based on the number of open teams that usually attend. Open teams have never even been eligible in the past and now they're guaranteeing one?

2) We've almost always gotten the at large bid they've guaranteed to an open team and we're not going this year because we already have an AL bid and didn't think we were eligible. So I'm bitter.

Two thoughts on that

1). It's dumb, based on the number of open teams that usually attend. Open teams have never even been eligible in the past and now they're guaranteeing one?

2) We've almost always gotten the at large bid they've guaranteed to an open team and we're not going this year because we already have an AL bid and didn't think we were eligible. So I'm bitter.
That's pretty crazy. I have never heard of this happening. And I don't blame you for being bitter. Never was crazy about this comp and this one is in our backyard. Happy to be at uca instead this weekend.

That's pretty crazy. I have never heard of this happening. And I don't blame you for being bitter. Never was crazy about this comp and this one is in our backyard. Happy to be at uca instead this weekend.

It would be one thing if we had the level of open teams that are at something like NCA, but we don't.

I think it's officially owned and run by Varsity now. Spirit All-Stars will be competing there.

Two thoughts on that

thats crazy! personally don't really like how they are doing that. where exactly is the bid declaration?

It would be one thing if we had the level of open teams that are at something like NCA, but we don't.

I think it's officially owned and run by Varsity now. Spirit All-Stars will be competing there.
I actually read this wrong. I thought you said level 6 only. Whole thing is still kind of weird though

lol with the disclaimer - although based on what happened a few years ago I can't blame them for adding it.
Given they have the right to change the bid declaration I don't think that open bid is guaranteed, but I appreciate the fact that if an open team deserves it they can get paid.

I think the number of gyms that have gone to this competition for years and are not going this year speaks volumes as to how this competition has been run in the past. I hope they get their act together because we only have a few bid competitions in New England.

lol with the disclaimer - although based on what happened a few years ago I can't blame them for adding it.
Given they have the right to change the bid declaration I don't think that open bid is guaranteed, but I appreciate the fact that if an open team deserves it they can get paid.

I think the number of gyms that have gone to this competition for years and are not going this year speaks volumes as to how this competition has been run in the past. I hope they get their act together because we only have a few bid competitions in New England.

Only our level 5 team is attending. I definitely appreciate that they're making open teams eligible (even level 6! Many will allow IO5 to get paid but not 6) but it seems odd that they would guarantee one, especially with the calibre of teams at this comp.

You're right though, they could change it. I wish event producers would publish their bid declaration in the summer.

We r not going this year because of unfairness in the past multiple years. We may have now that another EP is running it AND open teams can get FP. Oh well maybe next year?

Back