All-Star It's A New Season...what Are You Paying For???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SharkDad

Most Positive, Best Parent '12
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 15, 2009
As we start a new season I wanted to encourage parents to ensure they educate themselves on the sport better this year. Many remain frustrated all year or post here that they don't understand where their money is going.

It is reasonable to have a list of where your payments are used and ask for a breakdown. If the gym doesn't currently have one politely ask for them to show you. They should have a policy similar to any business for what to do if you dispute a charge.

A huge issue every year is what you can get as compensation if uniforms aren't provided on time. If a gym decides to go with a certain uniform company, that's their decision, but it's your decision to pay the money for the uniform. I would request a clause in the contract that there is a graduated discount applied the more late the uniform is. That should be normal for any reputable business.

I've never heard of this type of clause. Does the uniform company give this discount? If so I would def offer it but if not, I don't think our company could absorb it.

I've never heard of this type of clause. Does the uniform company give this discount? If so I would def offer it but if not, I don't think our company could absorb it.

I agree the gym should not absorb it. The problem right now is that the gyms are mediators for contracts effectively between the uniform company and the parents and everyone is stuck if the uniform company does a terrible job of providing their product on time.

This is the only business I know of where consumers accept this. If a uniform company doesn't guarantee their product then I think the gym should find another company to go with. The parents decide if they want to pay or not.

Hey a discount if uniform doesn't come in on time -I'm all for it.

I paid $300 for a uniform that was suppose to be wore to 3 competitions. Instead we only wore them to 2 competitions because we got them 2 days after we competed at the first one.

I would love a discount but I also wonder who would cover that.

It took our owner a long time to order them because many parents had paid late. (wasn't me)

However in her defense Varsity promised us them before the date of that competition. So regardless as to how long she waited they shouldn't have NEVER told her we would have them on time. She would of ordered them sooner if she knew that would happen. So I blame this on Varsity but I don't see them giving me any credit either. Lol

Hey a discount if uniform doesn't come in on time -I'm all for it.

I paid $300 for a uniform that was suppose to be wore to 3 competitions. Instead we only wore them to 2 competitions because we got them 2 days after we competed at the first one.

I would love a discount but I also wonder who would cover that.

It took our owner a long time to order them because many parents had paid late. (wasn't me)

However in her defense Varsity promised us them before the date of that competition. So regardless as to how long she waited they shouldn't have NEVER told her we would have them on time. She would of ordered them sooner if she knew that would happen. So I blame this on Varsity but I don't see them giving me any credit either. Lol

Getting our correct uniforms was a 5 month process. So we had comeptitions where we wore mismatched uniforms. Our consolation from Varsity: Tshirts. What was on the tshirt? A logo. Not our logo, a knock off of something that they just tried to pass as our logo. How ridiculous. We didn't even give them out, because why would we want ugly tshirts that don't match anything floating around. And how insulting--a tshirt after all of that?

Getting our correct uniforms was a 5 month process. So we had comeptitions where we wore mismatched uniforms. Our consolation from Varsity: Tshirts. What was on the tshirt? A logo. Not our logo, a knock off of something that they just tried to pass as our logo. How ridiculous. We didn't even give them out, because why would we want ugly tshirts that don't match anything floating around. And how insulting--a tshirt after all of that?
omg that's so tacky!
They gave us these
a6cd096b-fbd5-4d1a.jpg

Lol we looked pretty fierce. I actually had several kids from other teams ask if that was our uniform!

We just looked like we were poor and couldn't afford uniforms!

GK was right on time with our uniforms last year. From the customer service we have had from them I'd expect nothing less than great service. I bet they'd offer some type of compensation of they ever missed their deadline.

Yeah had the Same problem with Varsity. They sent us Tshirts for the first competition and then when unis did come in the sizing was all over the place. To make up for it Varsity sent all our kids next years Uniform before Cheersport and NCA!! They fit perfect and are the gorgeous OA Uni that I posted in the favorite Uni thread!

GK was right on time with our uniforms last year. From the customer service we have had from them I'd expect nothing less than great service. I bet they'd offer some type of compensation of they ever missed their deadline.

Unfortunately this was not the case during our experience with them. We ordered our tiny team uniform in early September with a promised ship date via email of Oct 31. When our gym owner contacted them in October they said they couldn't get them to us by the promised date, even though they were already paid for in FULL and we had a promise date by email. Our owner then offered to drive to GK the weekend after Thanksgiving to pick them (becauase they were telling them they couldn't get them to us before our first competition in December). The day before she's supposed to go up there she calls just to comfirm, and they tell her that (no, I'm not kidding) the machine ate the tops, and they dont have enough time to get them to her by the next day. Keep in mind, this is end of November, when they were originally promised to ship a month earlier. We finally got them in late Dec/early Jan. The only thing they did for compensation was to give our kids plain black GK fitted tanks. No discounts, no offers for partial refunds, nothing....and the customer service response was HORRIBLE. During October, November, and even December, responses to emails, phone calls, etc....made a sane person crazy. Not even kidding.

I think I should start a uniform escrow company.

It sucks uniforms need to be paid in full, but I get why the uniform company wants it up front.

Unfortunately this was not the case during our experience with them. We ordered our tiny team uniform in early September with a promised ship date via email of Oct 31. When our gym owner contacted them in October they said they couldn't get them to us by the promised date, even though they were already paid for in FULL and we had a promise date by email. Our owner then offered to drive to GK the weekend after Thanksgiving to pick them (becauase they were telling them they couldn't get them to us before our first competition in December). The day before she's supposed to go up there she calls just to comfirm, and they tell her that (no, I'm not kidding) the machine ate the tops, and they dont have enough time to get them to her by the next day. Keep in mind, this is end of November, when they were originally promised to ship a month earlier. We finally got them in late Dec/early Jan. The only thing they did for compensation was to give our kids plain black GK fitted tanks. No discounts, no offers for partial refunds, nothing....and the customer service response was HORRIBLE. During October, November, and even December, responses to emails, phone calls, etc....made a sane person crazy. Not even kidding.

To piggyback off of this, we went with Dreamlight for the majority of our organization and they came to us a WEEK EARLIER than promised.

We are getting new unis this year and I gotta say this is kinda scaring me a lil bit

I really think it comes down to your rep, and your relationship with them. If you find your rep to be someone with good communication and honesty, you won't have problems. If your rep is shady or someone you do not like to work with, run. A bad rep will ruin everything, and can and will ruin your perception of the company.

Back