All-Star It's A New Season...what Are You Paying For???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Very much NOT true.

agreed-Dreamlight is a leotard company much like GK was back in the day....and we had amazing customer service from them and they were a week early with delivery. The uniforms are superior quality and we've been very pleased.

agreed-Dreamlight is a leotard company much like GK was back in the day....and we had amazing customer service from them and they were a week early with delivery. The uniforms are superior quality and we've been very pleased.

Fame uses The Sew Factory, and for them to have to crank out 800-1000 unis for a program, on time, is no joke.

Seriously, unless you are directly in charge of the contract and payment with the uniform company, it's probably best to not point fingers. If a gym made last minute changes or is delinquent on the account, they're probably not going to communicate that to the parents/athletes.

You all think years prior have been bad, wait till 2015. If the new uniform rules stick, trying to get uniforms on time that year will be an absolute NIGHTMARE. I really hope that any team that starts with a new uniform cycle after this season just goes ahead and gets the full tops (minus senior teams, I know) however, I have a feeling a lot of gym are going to hold out on a "what if" hope.

Very much NOT true.

My mistake-there ARE other companies out there.
However, I am cynical, and I do not want to make my parents pay for something that I cannot guarantee. Where we are, there are no local options, or any way to check it out before ordering, and I would say this is the case for many. I would love for a smaller company to come out (like Spirit Innovations pre-varsity takeover) that is large enough to trust, but small enough to take care of customers. I am too nervous to order from a random company.

Back to the original post - moving away from just uniforms - what if there are other things your gym promised you at the beginning of the season that you paid for but did not receive, such as tumbling classes? Do you deduct that from your final monthly payment or do you shrug your shoulders and say you won't fall into the same trap next season?

You all think years prior have been bad, wait till 2015. If the new uniform rules stick, trying to get uniforms on time that year will be an absolute NIGHTMARE. I really hope that any team that starts with a new uniform cycle after this season just goes ahead and gets the full tops (minus senior teams, I know) however, I have a feeling a lot of gym are going to hold out on a "what if" hope.
They'll all be cheering in tank tops in 2015. Will be much cheaper for all of us.

Back to the original post - moving away from just uniforms - what if there are other things your gym promised you at the beginning of the season that you paid for but did not receive, such as tumbling classes? Do you deduct that from your final monthly payment or do you shrug your shoulders and say you won't fall into the same trap next season?

Honestly, I would deduct it and write it into the memo line. You deserve to get what you paid for.

We refund all money not used. This includes discounts for early competition fee payment. It's not the gyms money to keep.

We refund all money not used. This includes discounts for early competition fee payment. It's not the gyms money to keep.

CheerBank I actually like this answer better. I know that our tuition payment goes for staff salaries, gym payments, water, power etc and not toward tumbling classes or anything extra like that so the program needs the tuition in full to make their bills. I would however talk to them about the amount you think they owe you and ask them how they want to square that with you. Could be they'll apply it toward another expense or write you a check for the difference. But, if you paid for tumbling that they didn't give you, they owe you in my opinion!!!

I know that our gym is usually pretty good about getting things you pay for. The tumbling classes are yours to use or not use but your tuition is the same. There have been bow snafu's the last couple of years, but really its a bow so no biggie in my book. We got them eventually and thats fine. We did go to one gym that gave us a "sibling" discount. What that turned out to be was you do not get two of everything. My kids ended up sharing make up. We left that gym in part because after 3 years I could not tell you how much anything cost except for the final year total. We were new to cheer, learned the hard way and left for a gym that is much more honest about where your money is going.

This was my main point to start off. There are lots of posts about uniforms because that is a common problem in a lot of gyms. Sometimes the gyms may screw this up and put the order in late. . .often times I find this is not the case. Either way the end result is the same - the consumer gets stuck receiving a product months late with no discount. If the uniform company garaunteed thier delivery and the gym garaunteed their business practices then I am pretty sure this would happen much less often.

I wonder what other issues people have with not receiving what they think they paid for but they get no answers or compensation? (please don't focus bashing on specific businesse)

We don't prorate tuition for holidays or gym closings bc we call so many extra practices throughout the year so we feel it balances out (actually we know it does--we keep track of cancelled classes and make sure to offer enough make ups *usually more).

Siblings are discounted 20% off the second child as are any extra classes they take.

Private lessons are available but we usually offer them to our "remedial" tumblers first since they need the most extra help. We charge per half hour for those.

I wonder what other issues people have with not receiving what they think they paid for but they get no answers or compensation? (please don't focus bashing on specific businesse)

We are in Term 2 for our cheer season (Australia, 10 week terms) and in term 1 our fees were a set amount for 1 training sessions per week. In Term 2 we were supposed to have 2 training sessions a week, so the fees doubled, which I am fine with.

However we are now about 5 or 6 weeks into term and still have not started our 2nd trainings yet, so we have lost out financially. This is because we are moving to a new gym, and the move kept getting delayed.

I wonder now if I should speak up and ask for the fees to be deducted from next term since we have not really got what we paid for?
We've also been told that music is now an extra $30 per person, when I was under the impression it was included in our all inclusive fees, but perhaps I read the info packet wrong.

Definitely not bashing my gym - I LOVE it, just wondering whether other people think I should mention the issue of paying for more classes then have been offered.

We are in Term 2 for our cheer season (Australia, 10 week terms) and in term 1 our fees were a set amount for 1 training sessions per week. In Term 2 we were supposed to have 2 training sessions a week, so the fees doubled, which I am fine with.

However we are now about 5 or 6 weeks into term and still have not started our 2nd trainings yet, so we have lost out financially. This is because we are moving to a new gym, and the move kept getting delayed.

I wonder now if I should speak up and ask for the fees to be deducted from next term since we have not really got what we paid for?
We've also been told that music is now an extra $30 per person, when I was under the impression it was included in our all inclusive fees, but perhaps I read the info packet wrong.

Definitely not bashing my gym - I LOVE it, just wondering whether other people think I should mention the issue of paying for more classes then have been offered.

We go by terms too (actually we just switched to monthly after 10 years of 10 week terms so I am still in "terms" mindset). You should absolutely ask for your money back or at the very least a credit for the next term.

Back