All-Star It's Called An Arabesque, Folks!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
Sorry, this has been killing me on this board... STOP calling it an "aerobesque." That's not even a real word, and I have no idea how it even developed. It's called an arabesque, as in "in the arab fashion," and we got it from ballet terminology.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine, like when people pronounce Aerosmith as "arrow smith" smh... illiterate people...

Sorry, this has been killing me on this board... STOP calling it an "aerobesque." That's not even a real word, and I have no idea how it even developed. It's called an arabesque, as in "in the arab fashion," and we got it from ballet terminology.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine, like when people pronounce Aerosmith as "arrow smith" smh... illiterate people...

i called in an 'air best' for my entire first year of cheer.

I hat it win the flier is doin an aerobesq and starts to loose her balance and your yelling at there bases to move but its no good and doesn't matter weather it will affect the stunt or the tumbling to.

hope you weren't trying to use "affect" the wrong way lol

hope you weren't trying to use "affect" the wrong way lol

Usually "affect" is a verb and "effect" is a noun, but I've found that almost everyone uses effect for everything so I chose the one less traveled.

A woman I know (who COACHES cheerleaders) actually calls arabesques "airplanes" and it drives me INSANE! I am forever correcting her to no avail... if you're going to teach and coach the sport, learn the lingo! If not, get in the stands!

A woman I know (who COACHES cheerleaders) actually calls arabesques "airplanes" and it drives me INSANE! I am forever correcting her to no avail... if you're going to teach and coach the sport, learn the lingo! If not, get in the stands!

This is absolutely hilarious.

Wait since when is Aerosmith not pronouced "arrow smith"??? Even when I went to see them in concert they said it "arrow smith". :confused:

and ACEDAD I love the Jeff Dunham "a,e,r, phlegm"

Back