All-Star It's Called An Arabesque, Folks!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Arrow on that link, freaked me out. We don't say it like that in Minnesota. Aero and Arrow are said the exact same. haha However, in Minnesota we probably say things a lot of ways that we shouldn't.

you're trying to get everyone to pronounce everything the same? are you crazy lol. I live in central Jersey, but went to college in south Jersey, outside of Philly. I swear it was like a different world. Who knew that words as simple as "water", "bagel", "home", and "phone" could be pronounced so differently ;)

aero and arrow are pronounced the same in the northeast too, every where i have been... the way they pronounce arrow on that link sounds like a british accent to me hahah. ive never heard anyone around here pronounce it like that.

I just sat here for 5 minutes saying "AIR O" amd "arrow" and cannot for the life of me hear a difference. Maybe someone should get in contact with AEROsmith and ask them how they would like for their band name to me said.

why are we discussing this .. honestly ... up in jersey we say prep and extension .. while in other places they are called half and full... get over it.. they are all the same .. how are you going to argue about pronunciation?? in a CHEER FORUM.. not grammar forum

if you say aero and arrow the same, then chances are you have an accent.
and before you jump down my throat, i dont mean a southern accent. you just have one where you pronounce your vowels slightly different.

The way I pronounce them, aero- has much more of an "e" sound to it, which isn't the case with arrow.

The rest of my family pronounces both of them the same way though, with their Jersey accents and whatnot. :p

there should be a slight difference in the "ar" sound between them
arrow - ar oh
aero - air oh
there is NO WAY they should be pronounced the same.
your thinking of PROPER ENGLAND ENGLISH.. to some people that is an accent.. to me ..people in Tennessee have an accent... to people in Tennessee.. I have the accent .. there is NO "proper" way to say it.. EVERYONE says it differently..

Latest posts

Back