All-Star It's Called An Arabesque, Folks!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok so after reading this I've come to the conclusion arabesque= CORRECT aerobesque= wrong

I'm sorry but no matter what aero and arrow and air-o all sound the same to me.. And I've lived in 3 states (California, Oregon and Florida)

This has to be my FAVORITE thread ever!!!!! I bet this is driving some language people crazy like the way when someone on the USASF rules webcast said "I'm not in favor of limiting crossover by a percentage because I'm in cheer and I don't like math" drove me crazy. SMH. I have a BS in Mathematics :eek:)

Dexter and I taught a camp MANY moons ago at which they called scales "nikes" and 360 smooshs "tornadoes" haha remember that Dexter??? First Choreography camp we ever did together I believe

More importantly do many west asian and north african (arabic) people just walk around with one of their legs extended out behind them?? Or are they too busy doing jump halfturns with a front flip all the time??

Dexter and I taught a camp MANY moons ago at which they called scales "nikes" and 360 smooshs "tornadoes" haha remember that Dexter??? First Choreography camp we ever did together I believe

More importantly do many west asian and north african (arabic) people just walk around with one of their legs extended out behind them?? Or are they too busy doing jump halfturns with a front flip all the time??

dead!!
and for the record i hate this thread with a passion...

I'm from Maine and honestly the majority of people around here say Arrah instead of arrow :p

Lol well I have always said aero, arrow, air o the same.

But I'm from Tennessee so that's not saying very much.
I don't think I'm country at all but this whole discussion y'all are having is funny.

I will say when I worked for at&t for the longest I only took calls from the Northeast market. My customers would have a hard time understanding me. They would say I'm to country, I talk to fast, and ask me I could just speak english.
Funny thing was I had to struggle to understand what they were saying.

So I'm not sure the Aero problem is really related to everyone's different dialect. I mean yes it is different amongst all of us. However, I believe it's the way it's always been said to us so I believed it was right and didn't learn differently. Then again maybe I should ask my cp who is in first grade. You know that's when you learn all the phonetic sounds... I really don't remember.

I'm ashamed to admit that I still don't really know when I'm supposed to use affect or effect...

I mean I think affect is what you do effect is what happens but I'm always unsure when I use it in context
affect is a verb
effect is a noun
effect.png

imrichhowboutu said:
affect is a verb
effect is a noun

Hahaha! Cmere Randall! No one eats my casserole. Sorry, I was affected by this thread.

lol before I became a cheerleader and became very educated with cheer terminology I use to pronounce this word so funny. Nobody ever meant was trying to say. lol "Like what???" and i'd be like: "this thingy with your leg straight!!!" (showing them) lmao funny slow moments.

Back