All-Star Jambrand's Major Prize.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes because a team from Europe is going to have the funds to send all their athletes to the states for a one day competition that they can't even win a bid through.
To a competition that is also not in their normal competition season I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the majors are held European teams are kind of in their "off season." I will say I'm glad JamFest is learning from their mistakes and clarifying that it's just an invite not a prize!

To a competition that is also not in their normal competition season I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the majors are held European teams are kind of in their "off season." I will say I'm glad JamFest is learning from their mistakes and clarifying that it's just an invite not a prize!

We usually compete December-July

Yes because a team from Europe is going to have the funds to send all their athletes to the states for a one day competition that they can't even win a bid through.
AEC (the team that won) usually attend worlds every other year which I think is because of the cost, and considering they attended worlds this year, they may not be able to afford the flights to America/hotels/etc. However, the chance to compete against teams they normally wouldn't have chance to compete against, because they're an IOC5 team and the competing American teams are seniors, might be a huge incentive so they might try to make it work and fund raise it all (I don't know anyone on the team so I'm just speculating).
It is in our season but it's before all our nationals start up (usually around march) so they may still be tweaking and perfecting their routine around the time of the majors, ready for nationals which gives out worlds bids. I think you're thinking of Australia who (I think) have their off season around then :)

I was blown away by AEC this weekend and truly happy form them to have been given the invitation to The Majors - what a fantastic opportunity for them. Congratulations AEC :)

AEC (the team that won) usually attend worlds every other year which I think is because of the cost, and considering they attended worlds this year, they may not be able to afford the flights to America/hotels/etc. However, the chance to compete against teams they normally wouldn't have chance to compete against, because they're an IOC5 team and the competing American teams are seniors, might be a huge incentive so they might try to make it work and fund raise it all (I don't know anyone on the team so I'm just speculating).

it will be interesting to see how it all pans out with the whole marshals thing happening too! im not sure how much of an impact that will have on legacy... time will tell eh!

Just done some interesting pricing. Assuming Majors are held in Indiana away from peak holiday season, it would cost each athlete about £1000 for FLIGHTS from london, round trip via Charlotte NC. Then you have hotels, ESTAs to enter the country, competition essentials and day to day stuff like food and drink. It's also anywhere between an 11-13 hour journey with a stop in Charlotte.

AEC are an established team but all that for not even a bid?

I'm confused as to whether the team is invited to:
A. Compete at the majors... in which case it's an IOC5 team against Sr5
B. Exhibition at the majors... wouldn't you rather compete at worlds
C. Exhibition at majors and then compete at Jamfest for a bid... where you're not likely to get paid
D. Nobody gets what's going on...

I'm confused as to whether the team is invited to:
A. Compete at the majors... in which case it's an IOC5 team against Sr5
B. Exhibition at the majors... wouldn't you rather compete at worlds
C. Exhibition at majors and then compete at Jamfest for a bid... where you're not likely to get paid
D. Nobody gets what's going on...

If a team from the UK wins the Majors, what would they win?

Does anyone have a video of AEC?
I'll keep an eye out for you. I checked YouTube but could only see their routines from FC this season and then JAMfest 2010. I'm pretty sure they got the biggest crowd cheer after CEA on Sunday. As soon as AEC stepped out on the mat they had that presence, that made me want to stop and watch their routine...the rest was phenomenal!

Back