All-Star Jamfest Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

they SHOULD have the highest score because they have the most skills in their routine in every aspect of the score sheet. this is of course without any deductions. but there are very few teams in the country in ANY division that can rival these teams all around. and the teams that can rival them, either wont be at jamfest, or already have a bid

Have you seen all of the teams who will be there going for a bid to make that assumption? You very well may be right but if you have not seen all of the teams who will be competing, I find it weird to make assumptions.

Have you seen all of the teams who will be there going for a bid to make that assumption? You very well may be right but if you have not seen all of the teams who will be competing, I find it weird to make assumptions.
I think he is going off of years past more so than the list of teams going this year.

I don't think he is making an assumption. He made a statement based on how Jamefest has awarded the bids in the past. They award the bids based on who they think will best represent them. It is a personal opinion that Rich made and I think it is a valid point. The Large All Girl teams by nature should have some of the top scores based on skills and how they work the score sheet.

The larger issue is that Jamfest has not made it public as to how they are going to award the bids. TG I5 is coming up from Miami and in the past the International teams at Jamfest have not been allowed to receive bids. If Jamfest had made who was eligible to receive the bids they may have had an increase in attendance by other teams. Example if International teams were able to receive a bid and it was posted, they would have had at least another 6 teams there competing.

All of the issues are caused by Bid Companies not having to post and declare how they are going to award the bids. Yes it is there money and they can give it to they wish, but it is my opinion they should have to post it so there is no questions

The larger issue is that Jamfest has not made it public as to how they are going to award the bids. TG I5 is coming up from Miami and in the past the International teams at Jamfest have not been allowed to receive bids. If Jamfest had made who was eligible to receive the bids they may have had an increase in attendance by other teams. Example if International teams were able to receive a bid and it was posted, they would have had at least another 6 teams there competing.

All of the issues are caused by Bid Companies not having to post and declare how they are going to award the bids. Yes it is there money and they can give it to they wish, but it is my opinion they should have to post it so there is no questions

While I agree to some extent, the event producers can't pigeon hole themselves into certain divisions. For example, if they guaranteed a bid to a coed division and the "good" coed team already had a bid, then, they may be giving a bid to the 10th highest scoring team. By not guaranteeing anything in advance, they can look at scores etc., and decide who may best represent them. If all 3 of the large senior teams are the best teams there, by all means give them the bids!

why are you trying to be difficult?
im sure the majority of people agree with me.
For the most part, there are no surprises with who scores at the top of each competition. With teams of this caliber in attendance and the score sheet and grid laid out so plainly for everyone to see, i dont think you will see any surprises with who outscores who.

Last Year Day 2: Top Scores and Paid Bids

Top Gun 9.595 Paid Bid
CEA Senior Coed Elite 9.518 Paid Bid
CEA Senior Elite 9.486 Paid Bid
MD Twisters Reign Sm. Coed 9.403 Paid Bid

So, based on last year top 4 scores got the Paid Bids

While I agree to some extent, the event producers can't pigeon hole themselves into certain divisions. For example, if they guaranteed a bid to a coed division and the "good" coed team already had a bid, then, they may be giving a bid to the 10th highest scoring team. By not guaranteeing anything in advance, they can look at scores etc., and decide who may best represent them. If all 3 of the large senior teams are the best teams there, by all means give them the bids!

Yes you are right but like NCA they spell that out up front. Most compinies do not. My point is they should have to declare in some way the proccess, like NCA

Senior Elite did not get their paid bid here, they got it at BUTBT. Cheer Express Small Senior got the other paid.

I stand corrected! So two small teams get the Paid Bid and in 2008 MD Twisters Reign Small Coed received a Paid Bid, along with F5 and the others 2 I don't remember. But, it does show that Large Senior Girls are not a shoe in for a Paid Bid.

I stand corrected! So two small teams get the Paid Bid and in 2008 MD Twisters Reign Small Coed received a Paid Bid, along with F5 and the others 2 I don't remember. But, it does show that Large Senior Girls are not a shoe in for a Paid Bid.

Which was my point to "imrich".

In my opinion, and not knowing anything else that others couldnt already know by being logical, watching videos, etc- My guess is based on the videos I have seen of F5, CEA, and WCSS - If all three of them hit deduction free or NEAR deduction free - My guess goes that all three of them would be contendors for a paid.

I have not seen videos of the entire level 5 division - but as Rich has said - These specific three large Senior teams have so much in their routines, its hard for others to compare. It will come down to who hits, but I gaurentee you, if all three nail a performance, and look anything like they potentially could look in their videos - My vote goes to Jamfest awarding the bids to them - unless they announce otherwise.

Let "imRudags" know if my opinions dont have valid points

i dont think large senior teams are guaranteed a higher score than the other teams. F5 and Cheer express both dropped stunts both days last year and cheer express still got the paid bid.

i dont think large senior teams are guaranteed a higher score than the other teams. F5 and Cheer express both dropped stunts both days last year and cheer express still got the paid bid.

No one is saying they are guarenteed higher scores, at least that isnt the message I tried to get across. Im saying that I think if Large Senior division hits, it will be hard to beat and of the top 3!

Back