Jamie Andries Abs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 3, 2013
I really want to get abs, but I don't know what workouts or diets I should do to get a flat stomach!
I do 100 crunches a day, but it doesn't seem to be helping. It's my summer goal to have abs. any tips?

I really want to get abs, but I don't know what workouts or diets I should do to get a flat stomach!
I do 100 crunches a day, but it doesn't seem to be helping. It's my summer goal to have abs. any tips?
Do the cheer athletics ab workout. Just look up cheer abletics on google images and it's the first picture

Abs don't come from crunches, it comes from having very little body fat in your abdominal area. Not everyone can have abs that show through. Not everyone stores fat in the same way. I don't know how old you are, but eating healthy is the best way, but even then you're not guaranteed "jaime andries abs". might want to just eat healthy, exercise and be happy with the body God gave you ;)

Eat super healthy and lots of cardio. You can't target work a specific area. Your 100 crunches will give you strong muscles, but not necessarily a 6pack. Those will come with overall weight loss or toning. I say weight loss if you have weight to lose, not if you're already at a healthy weight.

Abs don't come from crunches, it comes from having very little body fat in your abdominal area. Not everyone can have abs that show through. Not everyone stores fat in the same way. I don't know how old you are, but eating healthy is the best way, but even then you're not guaranteed "jaime andries abs". might want to just eat healthy, exercise and be happy with the body God gave you ;)
Agreed. Abs are 70% diet and 30% gym

Like people said, only if you have low enough body fat will your abs begin to show :) You have to have very, very low body fat (for a female) for them to show. But...regardless! These sets of workouts are killer:

[WOTM, 12/12] Ab Workouts -- The Slice And Dice, Shredded Abs Workout - Lean It UP

Passé Abs Series - Trainers Reveal: The Best Abs Exercises of All Time - Shape Magazine - Page 1

The (15 Minute) Belly Blasting Workout | Women's Health Magazine

The "Pilates Alphabet" is also great (and simple). Basically, lie on your back and put your legs up at 90 degrees. Then "write" the alphabet A-Z in the air with your feet, making the letters as big as possible. Good luck :)

tumblr_m4gdghbc4Y1rsvu0yo1_500.png

:D

Crunches are actually one of the least effective core exercises you can do. Plank holds, tuck/pike/straddle ups, leg lowers, hollow holds, medicine ball work, and keeping you core tight during normal activities are all better ways to functionally strengthen your core. Don't forget to work your sides and back to keep even otherwise you can end up with back/hip problems.

Abs are genetic and not everyone can get a rock hard six pack that shows prominently. You can have a very strong core with a flat stomach but the six pack might not show up like a body builders does. Start adding in lots of cardio to get your body fat down into an athletic range and make sure to eat a healthy diet of protein, fiber, and veggies.

Back