All-Star January 2018 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Erika Jayne's what popped on my mind when I saw those pigtails hunty!

DRdrHHfWAAEKvX0.jpg

I will never understand...
This team is INCREDIBLY talented. But they’re senior level 5 athletes bouncing around like minis during transitions. Not a single stunting element was caught at the top. There is more motions in this routine than there are actual skills.
SSX, IMO, has not looked even remotely good in years (routine wise). No matter how talented this team is, year after year they define a new standard of sloppiness.
But y’all go so hard for them.. Idk.

This team is INCREDIBLY talented. But they’re senior level 5 athletes bouncing around like minis during transitions. Not a single stunting element was caught at the top. There is more motions in this routine than there are actual skills.
SSX, IMO, has not looked even remotely good in years (routine wise). No matter how talented this team is, year after year they define a new standard of sloppiness.
So many shimmies!!!! Waaaay too much unnecessary choreo that distracts from the skills that they are throwing. The skills are good, but I just can't watch them.

I'm a traditionalist and it may be because the bulk of my experience is with HS, but I am partial to just nice walking to the stunt with CLEAN ARMS and just a regular clean clap. Or maybe a BWO to a formation. Transitional counts of movement/dance are most effective when they are CLEAN.

Positive note: Their landing technique on running tumbling has improved greatly.

What do you mean no stunting elements were caught at the top? Lol are we looking at the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean no stunting elements were caught at the top? Lol are we looking at the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you watch their double-up from preps, only one finishes at the top, others go down to prep level and push back up or bases bend their arms quite a bit (but not quite to prep level) and push it back up. Same with the 360 tick-ups. Same with the plank-ups and double ups in the pyramid. The stunts are just moving A LOT overall.

Wow, well I 100% disagree.

Maybe they do a lot of motions, but the choreography is nothing compared with the amount of dance elements in WCSS routines every year. And I don't know how you can look at this routine and not see skills.

Besides, if they just did a clean walk to and from skills, what's exciting and original about that?

Not a single stunting element was caught at the top. There is more motions in this routine than there are actual skills.

OMG THANK YOU. I have been thinking this for a while but thought I was crazy or something. Even when they won worlds every skill hit at eye level with the backspot so high up the flyers thigh you would think it was level 2 and then they’d muscle it up to the top! I feel like they waste so much energy on sass during the routine. Sass in my mind is something you add in in small pieces *after* all of the other skills have become rock solid with perfect technique.

If you watch their double-up from preps, only one finishes at the top, others go down to prep level and push back up or bases bend their arms quite a bit (but not quite to prep level) and push it back up. Same with the 360 tick-ups. Same with the plank-ups and double ups in the pyramid. The stunts are just moving A LOT overall.

It’s because the bases are always a mile apart. Idk how you get to the level they’re at, doing things as difficult as they do, without learning to keep the bases tight together. The stunts are 20x harder than they should be because the bases are fighting each other instead of sharing the weight.

Last edited:
Back