All-Star Junior 5 Is Back!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We are adding a new team at Keystone Extreme, J4 or J5....ill update you next week after placements!

Charlotte isn't Coed. Check the CEA site under Charlotte. No boys listed
Maybe it's the school administrator in me that cringed when I saw kids full names posted on a public web page....am I just sheltered or do other gyms post up teams this way? Ours uses evaluation numbers and our last gym sent emails. I was just shocked to see full names of kids made public.

Maybe it's the school administrator in me that cringed when I saw kids full names posted on a public web page....am I just sheltered or do other gyms post up teams this way? Ours uses evaluation numbers and our last gym sent emails. I was just shocked to see full names of kids made public.

Well in the Majors, the site has every member of the team listed, so I guess either way they will be found on the internet

Well in the Majors, the site has every member of the team listed, so I guess either way they will be found on the internet
Surprising, but I guess if you know that will happen ahead of time it's cool. The parents trying to protect their kids from crazy astranged parents, or other drama would probably just now allow their kids to do it.

No its the mom in you because I also cringed. (The Majors is a little different - those are elite level athletes that most people know anyway. And by agreeing to do the Majors I'm sure they had to agree to some type of image usage for promotion of the event.) I think posting the names of a few hundred children with their practice times online is a little different. I can think of quite a few people I wouldn't want having access to that information!

(oh and at our gym we get emails to each athlete with the team they made. We're a smaller gym - 5 teams - so they can do that. When we were at a huge gym they used the tryout numbers instead of names and posted those on the website)

No its the mom in you because I also cringed. (The Majors is a little different - those are elite level athletes that most people know anyway. And by agreeing to do the Majors I'm sure they had to agree to some type of image usage for promotion of the event.) I think posting the names of a few hundred children with their practice times online is a little different. I can think of quite a few people I wouldn't want having access to that information!

(oh and at our gym we get emails to each athlete with the team they made. We're a smaller gym - 5 teams - so they can do that. When we were at a huge gym they used the tryout numbers instead of names and posted those on the website)
My thoughts exactly. Ever been to the family watchdog site? Put your house or gym address in it and prepare to be shocked by the number and type of registered sex offenders in a five mile radius. Not trying to be alarmist, but there are some sick folks out there and it only takes one. There are youth age kids names and ages posted with practice times. Just surprised me to see it.

Back