All-Star Kendall Jenner On The Cover Of American Cheerleader Magazine

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Let's not be mean. Kendall didn't ask to be rich, and she is also a child. Mind your words :)

I don't think @amanda meant it to be "mean"--it's just aggravating when a magazine that is supposed to be about cheerleading decides to use someone who is already a model as a cover girl. Which would be OK if they focused on her cheerleading...but it was all pictures of her in street clothes (with I think one in her uniform). Normally American Cheerleader focuses on "regular" girls who are really making something of themselves in the cheer world--girls who eat, sleep, and breathe cheer, like the magazine's readers. If my daughters want to read about celebrities, they read People. If they want to read about girls just like them, they read AC.

(Of course, they would read Inside Cheerleading, but apparently they've made off with my $35 never to be seen or heard from again...but that's another thread...:mad:)

@Just-a-Mom

Very true. I have not seen the magazine, I just don't think it's right to make comments about a young girl who didn't ask to be put in her (crazy) family. I think the issue should be taken up with American Cheerleader; I don't rememebr growing up ever seeing a "celebrity" on the cover of American Cheerleader and definitely agree it's a little disappointing they went the "celebrity" route. However, I think it may be important to remember where Kendall may have been coming from- a normal girl, doing normal activities for someone her age.

I'm trying my best to be less judgemental as a quarter year resolution. How am I doing ;)

I don't think @amanda meant it to be "mean"--it's just aggravating when a magazine that is supposed to be about cheerleading decides to use someone who is already a model as a cover girl. Which would be OK if they focused on her cheerleading...but it was all pictures of her in street clothes (with I think one in her uniform). Normally American Cheerleader focuses on "regular" girls who are really making something of themselves in the cheer world--girls who eat, sleep, and breathe cheer, like the magazine's readers. If my daughters want to read about celebrities, they read People. If they want to read about girls just like them, they read AC.

(Of course, they would read Inside Cheerleading, but apparently they've made off with my $35 never to be seen or heard from again...but that's another thread...:mad:)

April's issue had Heather Morris from Glee on the cover (who is also a celebrity) and most certainly not a "regular" girl. She's not even cheereleader (she just plays one on TV). No one complained about that. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it when they have everyday cheerleaders on the cover (it's my CP's dream to be on there - -ha ha), but there's nothing wrong with using a model/celebrity either, plus at least Kendall is actually a cheerleader.

It's not the first "celebrity" they've covered. They've done plenty of actresses who just cheered for their high school yeaaars ago. She's still a current cheerleader and someone that a lot of girls in their target audience like/look up to. I don't see any problem with her being a cover girl. :)

:oops: I don't actually read this magazine regularly. Only when I see it in a bookstore and then I buy it. So I wasn't aware of the other celebrities. For the record, had I seen them I would have complained then too. I was just saying I didn't think amanda was actually trying to be mean to Kendall--just that she wants to see "regular" girls on their cover. I could name about 30 just from Fierce Board that I'd rather see.

@cheerinIL you're doing a great job! :)It's boring though...when will you stop? :p

@kjstepone I just died at your status. LOL :D I love it!

Just-a-Mom said:
my stupid typing skills didn't tag you before...too many e's and r's :D but I answered you above

Agreed! I don't even know who I am anymore ;)

I do see what you are saying about @amanda where she was coming from, and she meant no harm. I'm just quick to defend!

yup no harm intended
just think its lame and also think its lame when people who aren't cheerleaders are on the cover (like glee) my opinion that's all...wasn't calling her lame or crazy at all. Just think its silly shes on the cover. if there was a thread about other people who are not cheerleaders but are on the cover of a cheerleading mag i would say the same thing. To be honest i was embarrassed for her when they asked her what her fav thing about cheerleading was and what the hardest thing was. Her answers were the ones you wouldn't hear come out of a cheerleaders mouth.:oops:
YES she is a cheerleader but does she belong on a cheerleading cover...prob not. :confused:
just my opinion. ;)

April's issue had Heather Morris from Glee on the cover (who is also a celebrity) and most certainly not a "regular" girl. She's not even cheereleader (she just plays one on TV). No one complained about that. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it when they have everyday cheerleaders on the cover (it's my CP's dream to be on there - -ha ha), but there's nothing wrong with using a model/celebrity either, plus at least Kendall is actually a cheerleader.

may i ask how you know that nobody complained about the Glee cover?

I think a lot of it also has to do with the family she's tied to...and what her sisters are 'known' for. I'd love to meet Heather Morris, also because she's a hardcore kick-butt dancer. I'd recognize Heather..I didn't know who Kendall was until someone said she was a Kardashian..

Read on Kiara's Fan Facebook page that she did a photoshoot with American Cheerleader Magazine last weekend. Wonder if she will be on the cover soon??

Read on Kiara's Fan Facebook page that she did a photoshoot with American Cheerleader Magazine last weekend. Wonder if she will be on the cover soon??

??? really??? if she is on the cover i will buy it! Guess we will have to wait and see!:p

Back