All-Star Kids Say The Darndest Things

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Story I heard last night:

A high school team was out to dinner and decided to order "fancy" drink---virgin daiquiris, virgin margaritas, etc. When they got to the final girl to order she says, "Um, oh, this is fun! I want a Daiquiri.....with a virgin!"

She was confused.
My great aunt calls virgin mojitos "nojitos" lol.

Oh I forgot the time when one of the coaches at Spirit asked one of the younger girls on Jr 2 to guess how old they were...
Little one: "I think you are 40!" (Coach is in his mid 20's)
Coach: "So how old do you think Coach Brett is?"
Little one: "He's like 60!"
So the coach takes the little one over to Brett to have her repeat what she just said...she looks at him and says "Oh Coach Brett your like 22!" and runs away....

I love this thread! I coach mini's and tiny's so I've definitely heard some funny stuff. Wish I wrote some of it down, but here are a couple of things I remember?

tiny: "How old are you?"
me: "guess"
tiny: "30?"
-__- I was 21 at the time

:going over competition times and place at practice:
mini: Is it going to be beautiful there?

tiny: "I really need a manicure"

I thought of a couple more:

4 year old tiny Sally : Susie doesn't like my necklace!
Susie: well sorry I just like mine better
Sally: well my necklace has magic powers. I can talk to animals when I'm wearing it.

Not a cheerleader, but kids I babysit for. 7 year old twins, a boy and a girl
Brooke: Are you in college?
Me: yep
Robbie: (wide eyed) wow
Brooke: so if you're in college then you have a boyfriend right?
Me: No, I dont.
Robbie: well if you're in college then you better get yourself a boyfriend
...thanks I'll get right on that

Same kids as above. It was the summer time and I had on the 90s pop pandora station outside while watching the kids in the pool.
Brooke: What is THIS?!
Robbie: This is old people music! Can you put on firework? (the Katy Perry song)

One of my youths was asking me this week how long I'd been cheering at my gym.

Me: "I've been here 4 years. This is the start of my 5th season".
Youth: *thinking face as she counts* "So you started here when you were 10?"
Me and other coaches nearby crack up.
Me: "No, I'm a little older than that." (I'm 26 next month)

I love the age ones. I teach, and kids never have nay idea how old anyone is. I've been told everything from early 20's to 60's depending on the age of the kid. I'm early 30's

Not a cheer story and not mine. But my sister-in-law was a paro-pro in a kindergarten or 1st grade class. She's writing on the board an a kid ask, what's a virgin? she turned around trying to remain calm and says that's a good thing and something to be proud of. Then all the kids start raising there hands saying I'm a virgin, I'm a virgin!

My favorite is something my CP said a couple of years ago when she was on a mini team. I asked her why she always made fish faces when she was flying. She looked at me dead serious and said "Miss B always tells me to squeeze my cheeks when I go up."
The coaches still laugh about that :D

dying.

Back