All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just have to give a shout-out to my 2 CPs on their terrific performances at NCA. My youngest CP's Jr 4 team placed 2nd and my oldest CP's team were Small Sr 4 Small Gym national champions!! It took 5 years in the making but she finally got that jacket! Now on to Varsity school cheer tryouts on Friday :)

My kids had the worst week ever. Out of 24 kids, we had 2 with strep, 3 get the nasty stomach virus, point flyer with pulled back muscles, strong base with tendon issues in her wrist, and a last minute broken collarbone Friday night. Called an emergency practice Saturday night and competed Sunday in a difficult senior2 division. Out of 5 teams, they came out 2nd behind a powerhouse gym. They beat out a few well known gyms and programs also. I am very proud!

Love coming back to this thread seeing all the amazing improvements everyone is making. My cp decided to hang up her nfinity's a week before Cheersport. I always said that I wouldn't know what I'd do if she ever decided to quit. But that day, I honestly felt her pain. Her heart was not in it. I listened to her with an open heart and realized her happiness was all that mattered to me. I was a little disappointed that I had put so much money into 8 years of cheer for her to just quit 1 week before a major comp. But when I saw the relief in her when she walked out of the gym, I knew it was time. There was no telling if this was permanent or temporary. But, I knew in that exact moment, that this was the right thing for her. It was 100% her decision and I have stood by her 100%. She packed up every single sports bra, spanx, shorts, t-shirts and bows and put them in the garage.

This past Saturday, she asked to go to a tumble class. It was the first time in 2 months that she asked to tumble or do anything related to cheer. She was happy, she smiled, she laughed and for the first time, she didn't seem to feel pressured by anyone (including me) She tumbled the best I've seen her tumble since last summer. I think the 2 month break was exactly what she needed. Heck, she might even decide she wants more time off. I think the reason I wanted to post this is because I'm so proud of her for putting her foot down and saying "enough" and I'm proud of myself for listening, like REALLY listening to what SHE wanted, instead of worrying about how much money was being thrown away. In the past, I would brush her complaints off as "she's just tired after a hard practice" "i'll give her some time to think about it, she'll miss it if she quits" or my typical "she doesn't mean it, she'll be ready to go back tomorrow" I would constantly tell her she'd regret it. I feel like that's the only reason she continued to go back. Out of guilt. I am ashamed of myself for putting that kind of pressure on her. We want what's best for our kids. I think sometimes we push for the things that we think are best for them. But, I think it's really what we think is best for us. It's gives US (parents) a sense of accomplishment. It gives us something to show our friends and family "look what Susie can do now!" "My Susie is going to make it to a World's team no matter how much I have to spend on privates/classes" "My Susie is so much better than Sally, we're just going to have to show them" After being away from it for 2 months, it became 100% clear to me.

She decided she wants to go back next season. She does NOT want to be on a level 5 again. She knows she may never fly again (because she's not 4 ft) and she's sorta ok with that. She knows she can't do anything about it. Her goal for this next season is to be happy...plain and simple. And my goal for next season, is to make sure she reaches her goal.

Thanks for reading and listening. I really hope this is helpful to someone else who may be going through the same issues. If not, it has helped me to talk about it.

I got my standing two to full this week and it is pretty consistent. I'm supposed to compete it this weekend. :) This is exciting as it is less pressure now because this year at tryouts you not only have to have jumps to back and a full to make level 5, you have to have a two to full too. I do not want to go back down to level 4 :) :)

My team just won One Up Nationals in Nashville and Grand Champions, Innovative Choreography, And a Full PAID bid to the Summit!! And weve never came lower than third at nationals. So proud of my team we've come such a long way.Everybody lost faith in us to the point where we almost didnt even get to compete at CHEERSPORT and NCA. This as honesltly the roughest season I've ever had and the most rewarding! Oh, and this will be my fifth season in a row that I've never dropped a flyer out of the air. And I've been point jumper for three seasons in a row now. :)

It is fun to read this thread and hear about everyone's accomplishments.

Last year at this time cp was having a block on her full. Had been throwing it for 2 years then for whatever reason stopped. At tryouts last year she would throw it with someone standing there so that's what she did. She was finally old enough for our Worlds team and did make it but was struggling all summer with that darn full. By the fall she was finally doing it on her own again. Then came her knee dislocation and I was worried she would go mental again, but threw it for the first time in a comp in December. In March she threw her whip through to full and now for Worlds she is doing her standing 2 to full also. She is a flyer but wasn't doing the basket section just because we had others that could do kick doubles and she had never really done them before. . After our last comp they decided they should try her doing them after another flyer was struggling. She did great, tried hitch kick doubles and they were fine and is now doing kick kick doubles with ease.

I am just so proud of how much she improved and overcame obstacles this year. I am so very excited for her to be competing at Worlds this year!

Finally perfected and feel confident with my full downs, after having a bit of block at the start of the year, my standing tumbling is gradually getting stronger and more independent (still spotted but lighter every time) and I finally feel like my team is my family after a super difficult year. I was the basket flyer this season and after not being allowed to practice libs, I'm SO happy (and relieved!) that my extension libs are better than ever after working so hard on them at camp this weekend!

Ive been waiting to post a real skill i got...

TODAY IS THE DAY!

I got THREE skills tonight! So proud! I went into to tumbling class tonight determined to work hard for tryouts tomorrow!

I got my standing Back Handspring, Front Handspring, AND an Aerial (didn't see that one coming... it came out of nowhere!!)

So proud of myself! I almost started crying!

Back