All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Small brag on my 6-1, 160lb male flyer!

He's involved in a few things outside of AS cheer. He's the drum major at his high school as well as being the ranking cadet (one set of tests away from cadet Captain) in his squadron with the US Civil Air Patrol.

So while were hanging out in line for Ollivander's at Universal this weekend (he wasn't competing at UCA but his sister did) he gets an email.

He applied for and interviewed for CAP's national flight academy in Virginia this summer and got notification he was accepted! 25 hours of ground school, 10 hours of flight time (he's got about that logged currently) and the opportunity to solo if he is ready by the end of NFA.

See!! You can be 6-1 and 160lbs and still fly!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

He's involved in a few things outside of AS cheer. He's the drum major at his high school as well as being the ranking cadet (one set of tests away from cadet Captain) in his squadron with the US Civil Air Patrol.

So while were hanging out in line for Ollivander's at Universal this weekend (he wasn't competing at UCA but his sister did) he gets an email.

He applied for and interviewed for CAP's national flight academy in Virginia this summer and got notification he was accepted! 25 hours of ground school, 10 hours of flight time (he's got about that logged currently) and the opportunity to solo if he is ready by the end of NFA.

Funny story about one of friends "flying" ;) Since her team was competing in another state that wasn't so close, she had to fly. She had never flown in a plane before and proceeds to tell a table of cheerleaders that she's scared to fly this weekend and she's never done it before. Another girl at the table says "You flew on *insert team name* last year." Then the girl corrects us on flying on a plane not in a stunt :)

Funny story about one of friends "flying" ;) Since her team was competing in another state that wasn't so close, she had to fly. She had never flown in a plane before and proceeds to tell a table of cheerleaders that she's scared to fly this weekend and she's never done it before. Another girl at the table says "You flew on *insert team name* last year." Then the girl corrects us on flying on a plane not in a stunt :)

Hahaha! We have a guy on our team (one of my carpool babies) that absolutely detests flying. He hates it. He's always pale as a ghost before take off and we've flown three times this year, he's got one more flight to worlds to go, poor thing!

A couple brags for me on behalf of my CPs. Because what parent doesn't want to gush about there kids?

CP1 threw his whip double for the first time at comp two weeks ago; so proud of his continued improvement! CP2 partner-stunted for the first time yesterday. He was terrified that he'd drop his flyer but she didn't hit the floor once. They make a great team! CP3 is getting back from an injury and begins tumbling classes next week. Ridiculously proud of her for getting back on the t-train and giving it another go. CP4 nailed her LCW, RCW at tumbling this weekend, and was looking so fierce with her facials!

Love my kids and love everything they do. I couldn't be more proud of all the hard work and dedication they've made to this sport especially in the last year. Way to step it up! :)

A couple brags for me on behalf of my CPs. Because what parent doesn't want to gush about there kids?

CP1 threw his whip double for the first time at comp two weeks ago; so proud of his continued improvement! CP2 partner-stunted for the first time yesterday. He was terrified that he'd drop his flyer but she didn't hit the floor once. They make a great team! CP3 is getting back from an injury and begins tumbling classes next week. Ridiculously proud of her for getting back on the t-train and giving it another go. CP4 nailed her LCW, RCW at tumbling this weekend, and was looking so fierce with her facials!

Love my kids and love everything they do. I couldn't be more proud of all the hard work and dedication they've made to this sport especially in the last year. Way to step it up! :)
I'm giving you the slow clap for having FOUR cp's! How you keep your sanity or checkbook in line is beyond me!

Whoohooo , you must be so proud!! How awesome

My daughter did her whip thru to layout the first time last night! It was so cool! I love this time of year because it's like everyone gets new skills!!

She needs to fix her layout a little more out of her whip. She said after the whip she has NO power at all and the rest of the tumbling is so hard just to get through it! Well she has all the time she needs to work on it since season is over.
Not sure if it's hard because it's new or if she is doing something wrong but I'm sure they will figure it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh time to brag about WG's!!! Last night during our first full out, our last pass (whip through to whip double) landed her double off the mat, on the carpeted concrete, and finished the entire routine without a problem.

Let me repeat that. Whip double, on to concrete (PERFECT LANDING, SHE EVEN SMILED OUT OF IT) and finished perfectly. Such a beast.

Been waiting for awhile to post in this thread. Cp tore the labrum in her shoulder in December. She had surgery and was released about a month ago. Prior to surgery she had been stuck in a rut at level 4. She had level 5 skills 6 years ago and somehow convinced herself she couldn't do jumps to tuck or her full anymore. She wouldn't even attempt them. Since the surgery (and I'm assuming the pressure from upcoming tryouts), she just said "I'm going for it and whatever happens happens". This from the child that is such a perfectionist and has a horrendous fear of failure. Long story short.... She barely landed the jumps to tuck and only got 3/4 of the way around but I feel like she won the Olympics because she threw caution to the wind and just TRIED. And now she knows that she IS capable and those skills can only improve if she keeps trying.

Back