All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I actually got apped at 16 (I skipped a grade and was really young anyway) so I was too young to do it last summer. I was absolutely miserable. This is my first summer on staff, and it's actually absurd how happy I am to work. You get that insane happy feeling you got going to camp, all summer long. You get to see that joy on every camper's face. It's an absolute joy to be part of staff, and I don't recommend waiting to join. You will make great friends with NCA, and maybe even be lucky enough to meet someone you'll be going to school with!
Thanks! I think I will apply for next summer. I've always wanted to do it so why wait? I just have to figure out who to get my rec letters from. Would it be weird to have all 3 from coaches?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thanks! I think I will apply for next summer. I've always wanted to do it so why wait? I just have to figure out who to get my rec letters from. Would it be weird to have all 3 from coaches?

Not weird at all! I had one from my HS coach, one from my all star coach, and one from my art teacher (I was NAHS vice president and president in high school). It doesn't matter who your references are from, so all three coaches are fine!

Not weird at all! I had one from my HS coach, one from my all star coach, and one from my art teacher (I was NAHS vice president and president in high school). It doesn't matter who your references are from, so all three coaches are fine!
Thanks! I was thinking HS and allstar too. Both my HS coaches are NCA people so probably them and then there's my allstar coach. Unless I can think of someone else I'll probably do that!

I really want to do it! I've wanted to ever since my first camp so I'm really excited that I'm finally going to be old enough. Did you join right after you graduated HS? The other girls who got nominated with me were thinking about not doing it next summer bc they don't want to give up their "last summer," which is something I had never thought about.

DO IT. We're in the same region, and it's such a once in a lifetime opportunity. I wouldn't trade my time spent with my NCA family for anything. Plus, it's hard to keep up skills once you're not cheering anymore, I learned that the hard way this year and I even coach at a gym. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me!

I really want to do it! I've wanted to ever since my first camp so I'm really excited that I'm finally going to be old enough. Did you join right after you graduated HS? The other girls who got nominated with me were thinking about not doing it next summer bc they don't want to give up their "last summer," which is something I had never thought about.

I know you may have different obligations during summers throughout college, but don't worry about giving up your "last summer." I just finished my first year of college and I am having a completely normal summer. Just hanging out with friends and working a lot. My point is, Staff is an awesome opportunity and will be much more valuable than one more summer of bumming around with friends. One of my best friends in high school did UCA staff last summer and she loved it so I would say definitely do it if it works out!

DO IT. We're in the same region, and it's such a once in a lifetime opportunity. I wouldn't trade my time spent with my NCA family for anything. Plus, it's hard to keep up skills once you're not cheering anymore, I learned that the hard way this year and I even coach at a gym. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me!

You're region is central right? I wonder if you met my roommate at staff meeting lol.

Yeah! Who's your roommate? And what year is she?

Her names Lizzie (or Liz or Elizabeth, she'll answer to any lol) an she's a first year! She would have been hanging around another friend of mine, Carissa (who probably had a hugeee poof-lol), she's cheered at my school for a semester and it's her second year. They both probably had on high socks, if that helps.

Back